The Official Boxing Thread

DiP

Anyone catch the Josh Taylor vs Catterall fight? One of the most blatant robberies in recent memory. This is why boxing gets labeled as the most corrupt sport.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

Anyone catch the Josh Taylor vs Catterall fight? One of the most blatant robberies in recent memory. This is why boxing gets labeled as the most corrupt sport.

This is definitely why it gets labelled corrupt.The thing is it wasn’t even a close fight that was difficult to score,I gave Taylor 4 rounds and that was being generous,he was outclassed at times and took a count.Those two judges shouldn’t be allowed to judge again,if I do my job that bad I’m fired so the same should apply to them

• Like 3

Congrats to Naka for stopping Berchelt. This was supposed to be a comeback fight for Berchelt after his vicious KO loss against Valdez but Naka came to fight. Not bad for someone whose full time day job is as a police officer.

How was Demario not DQ'ed for pulling a Mike Tyson?

• Like 2

On 1/25/2022 at 4:22 AM, DiP said:

Negotiations are currently undergoing for a rematch between Naoya Inoue and Nonito Donaire which is tentatively set in April.

https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/sports/boxing/818655/donaire-vs-inoue-rematch-in-the-works-for-april-report/story/

It's official now, the date is June 7 and the place is Saitama Super Arena. It's going to be shown on Amazon Prime Japan.

I have Inoue stopping Donaire this time around. He probably would've finished off Nonito the first fight if the stupid ref didn't get in the way after Nonito took a standing 8 count after the vicious body shot.

Even Iron Mike gives his approval and respect to the "Monster"

https://streamable.com/5t3fpg

Screenshot_2022-03-30 井上尚弥 𝐍𝐚𝐨𝐲𝐚 𝐈𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐞 on Instagram “次戦発表 6月7日(火)さいたまスーパーアリーナにてドネアとのWBA・IBF・WBC3団体統一戦が決定致.jpg

• Like 2

That's one of the match-ups I look forward to this year. I'm going for Inoue to win again, but it might be tougher this time.

Mark Magsayo vs Rey Vargas -- two undefeated champions -- is another one I look forward to. Magsayo is a great offensive boxer with speed, and is slowly improving in others areas he lacked in previous fights. Meanwhile, Vargas has a great rep as an incredible volume puncher with outstanding stamina which could pose a great threat to Magsayo. It's fascinating just by the premise of both fighters.

Speaking of anticipated match-ups... Spence vs Ugas is on in a few hours! Most people favor Spence but something tells me Ugas will flip the coin and prevail to get the win. May the best one win!

https://www.fite.tv/watch/pbc-spence-vs-ugas/2pb5l/

Edited by DiP
  • Like 2

J.J. Hayden
1 hour ago, DiP said:

Mike Tyson punches a passenger on an airplane ride to Florida for being bothered for an autograph.

Who does Mike think he is, Ezra Miller?!

• Haha 2

sifu iron perm

any good streaming sites?

The UK are not showing any of the US cards tonight?

Lame.

I really had zero interest in the Benavidez vs Lemieux fight and the only fight I was looking forward to really this weekend was the WBO middleweight title fight between Kazakh sensation, Janibek Alimkhanuly & England's Danny Dignum. It went as expected as many felt Dignum was completely outclassed before they even touched gloves. He's a fringe contender at best and although it's not his fault that the WBO had him ranked as the #3 contender, this was a complete mismatch in skill from the first bell. I really like Janibek and been closely following his career. I hope he gets fast tracked to bigger things considering his age. Jaime Munguia really needs to step up and fight Janibek as originally planned.

https://mmashare.fullfight.video/2022/05/boxing-alimkhanuly-vs-dignum.html

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1

sifu iron perm

UK fans, watch the inoue donaire 2 live for free

Edited by sifu iron perm
  • Like 2

What a masterclass by Inoue! I'm sure those Cleto Reyes gloves compared to the softer Winning gloves used in the first match had an impact too. To unify the division, Inoue has to fight Butler but that's such a mismatch. But it would be cool if Inoue did it just to make history as I don't think anyone has unified the division since the 1970s? Then move up to super bantam and you have the top 3 in Fulton, MJ and Figueroa (if he doesn't move up). Also, Luis Nery is there too and it would be sweet revenge if Inoue KO'ed that drug cheat and weight bully to avenge Yamanaka.

• Like 2

Donaire mentioned on his YT channel that Inoue's right that landed flush on his temple at the end of the first round was the hardest he's ever been hit in his career.

“When I got hit, I didn’t even know I got dropped,” Donaire confessed during a bonus post-fight installment on his Beyond The Ring with Nonito and Rachel YouTube channel. “I didn’t see that punch because I was trying to counter him and got caught. That was pretty much it.

“I will pretty much say that was the hardest punch I’ve ever been hit with. That first (knockdown), I came up completely blank. I didn’t see that punch coming at all.

“I didn’t even know what happened. I was trying to counter. All of a sudden I was on the floor and (referee Michael Griffin) was counting me. I was like ‘What is happening? Are you kidding me?’ Then I looked in the corner and Rach(el Donaire, Nonito’s wife/trainer/manager) said, ‘Put your hands up or he’ll count you out.’ And I’m like ‘Oh sh!t, I got dropped!’”

• Like 3

On 7/9/2022 at 3:09 AM, DiP said:

Mark Magsayo vs Rey Vargas is on today.

https://www.fite.tv/watch/magsayo-vs-vargas/2pblp/

Magsayo really showed last night that he's lucky Gary Russell Jr had one arm in their fight to claim the belt. Freddie Roach and his corner fail to make any adjustments and Magsayo is just trying to land that one punch throughout the whole fight and when he finally does have Vargas hurt, he has no killer instinct and lets him off the hook in the 9th and 10th round.

• Like 3