The Official Boxing Thread

DiP

Yihetuan
Posted (edited)

@sifu iron perm & @DiP what a fucking great night of boxing. Might've been FOTY/KOTY on the same night.

Spoiler

Props to both Vergil Ortiz and the Ukrainian, Bohachuk for putting on a show. A violent brutal war to the end. I had to mute the biased commentary though because you would think Ortiz was winning all those close rounds even though the Ukrainian dropped him twice. Should've been a MD IMO.

Venado was talking about how he was waiting for the Monster at 126 but he should've been worried about Angelo Leo in his hometown. What a KO! I think a lot of fans were down on Leo after he lost to Fulton but he showed up big tonight.

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

sifu iron perm
19 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

@sifu iron perm & @DiP what a fucking great night of boxing. Might've been FOTY/KOTY on the same night.

Reveal hidden contents

Props to both Vergil Ortiz and the Ukrainian, Bohachuk for putting on a show. A violent brutal war to the end. I had to mute the biased commentary though because you would think Ortiz was winning all those close rounds even though the Ukrainian dropped him twice. Should've been a MD IMO.

Venado was talking about how he was waiting for the Monster at 126 but he should've been worried about Angelo Leo in his hometown. What a KO! I think a lot of fans were down on Leo after he lost to Fulton but he showed up big tonight.

Crazy KO for sure and Ortiz getting put down twice. you think he ready for Crawford?

Yihetuan
On 8/10/2024 at 3:53 AM, DiP said:

Dave Apolinario Vs Mexico's Angel Ayala occured yesterday... Apolinario did very well until the last couple of rounds. He has now been added to the list of recent Pinoy boxers being stopped via body shot. Hopefully, this will be a learning curve in improving their overall lacking conditioning, as well as further boxing fundamentals and advancements.

a real shame as like you said Dave was controlling that fight early. That division is wide open since Bam vacated with Sunny Edwards still there and Kenshiro Teraji moving up but I also like that Mexican Anthony Olascuaga who gave Teraji a hell of a fight on short notice and then made a splash on the undercard of the Junto vs Astrolabio. He's due to fight Bomba Gonzalez with Teraji fighting old stalwart Cristofer Rosales later this year. There's also the #2 ranked Japanese Seigo Yuri but I don't rate him as high as the others.

• Like 1

Yihetuan
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sifu iron perm said:

Crazy KO for sure and Ortiz getting put down twice. you think he ready for Crawford?

Guess it all depends on what Turki Alalshikh puts together. I can see why Oscar is chomping at the bit for such a fight but who knows? Supposedly it was all going to be based on how Ortiz Jr looked against Bohachuk. Of course, a rematch with Serheii would be too risky for Ortiz and De La Hoya's golden goose would be cooked. I have to say that it's weird to see Turki wearing casual clothes lol

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Haha 1

sifu iron perm
2 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Guess it all depends on what Turki Alalshikh puts together. I can see why Oscar is chomping at the bit for such a fight but who knows? Supposedly it was all going to be based on how Ortiz Jr looked against Bohachuk. Of course, a rematch with Serheii would be too risky for Ortiz and De La Hoya's golden goose would be cooked. I have to say that it's weird to see Turki wearing casual clothes lol

I almost didn't recognise him looking all incognito. 😆 

• Like 1

sifu iron perm
57 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

Imagine being this fucking old and still acting so cringe :BL-Why:

I criticise him for doing it on social media..but in private he can rock his fishnets all day..who cares. Bro, dud you peep his latest interview sir down? 

• Like 1

Yihetuan
1 hour ago, sifu iron perm said:

I criticise him for doing it on social media..but in private he can rock his fishnets all day..who cares. Bro, dud you peep his latest interview sir down? 

nah bro, I didn't, tbh I'd rather listen Bob Arum talk about his hemorrhoids.

• Haha 1

sifu iron perm
24 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

nah bro, I didn't, tbh I'd rather listen Bob Arum talk about his hemorrhoids.

😆 🤣 😂 😹 

4 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

If you know? Then you know? 

😆 😉 

Screenshot_20240902_211317_Chrome.jpg

Bro, you're a devoted fan for sure! I can't get up that early since I have to work tomorrow but I'll catch the highlights when I wake up. The other fighter I'm not sleeping on the under card is Jin Sasaki. he's really bounced back well since he got stopped by Andy H. How can you not like a fighter that reminds me of Ghost of Tsushima. :BL-Laughing:

• Love 1

well that went about the way it was expected to go. Inoue starting out a bit cautious and carrying the Irishman until he had enough like he did with Butler, Tapales, etc. TJ Doheny looked absolutely huge against the monster! He must rehydrated close to 150! He looked a weightclass or two above Inoue. I saw Bob Arum say he has another title defense at the Tokyo Dome in December (probably against Goodman) then Arum's bringing him to the US next year (probably mandatory against MJ in Vegas?) and then perhaps a blockbuster fight against Junto Nakatani.

The fight between Yoshiki Takei and Daigo Higa was pretty good too and I also caught Jin Sasaki vs that Australian. Sasaki has no defense and gets hit a lot but he sure is fun to watch. All action boxer whose best defense is his offense. Credit to Qamil Balla for giving Jin his props after the fight.

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1