The Official Boxing Thread

DiP

sifu iron perm
1 minute ago, Yihetuan said:

It's probably fake just like his beard. :laugh  Anyway, Inoue going to hit him so hard that tattoo going to auto translate back to Spanish after the fight.

I'll bring you back some of nery's beard as a  souvenir. 😆 🤣 

• Haha 1

Yihetuan
Posted (edited)

phew, what a fight! That first round was a wake up call for Inoue as he was trying too hard to go for the KO but once he recovered he completely dominated with 3 knockdowns including the devastating final punch in the 6 round.

hey @sifu iron perm when they introduced Nery, i saw someone in the audience raise up and give him the finger. Was that you? :laugh

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

The king prevails once again!

Looking forward to see Inoue's next fight. I assume he's staying at 122 or moving upp to 126.

• Like 1

sifu iron perm
2 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

phew, what a fight! That first round was a wake up call for Inoue as he was trying too hard to go for the KO but once he recovered he completely dominated with 3 knockdowns including the devastating final punch in the 6 round.

hey @sifu iron perm when they introduced Nery, i saw someone in the audience raise up and give him the finger. Was that you? :laugh

😆 🤣 😂 😹 

• Haha 1

Yihetuan
3 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

20240506_145707.jpg

20240506_150610.jpg

20240506_153334.jpg

20240506_153341.jpg

20240506_170353.jpg

Awesome brother. On my bucket list to see the Monster fight live one day. Looks like you had some pretty decent seats too fairly close to ringside. Digging your Monster Beast Mode shirt too. Did you get that at the concession there or is that a Tariq special?

• Buddha Bless You 1

sifu iron perm
1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

Awesome brother. On my bucket list to see the Monster fight live one day. Looks like you had some pretty decent seats too fairly close to ringside. Digging your Monster Beast Mode shirt too. Did you get that at the concession there or is that a Tariq special?

Pre bought it from Ohashi gym. Trying to get merchandise at Tokyo Skydome is like trying to find a rare bottle of vodka in Russia for free.

The line was like 5 miles lol. Glad I purchased before via international delivery.  So much fun last day/night.

• Haha 1

Yihetuan
On 5/6/2024 at 6:13 AM, DiP said:

The king prevails once again!

Looking forward to see Inoue's next fight. I assume he's staying at 122 or moving upp to 126.

During the post-fight ring interview, the Aussie Sam Goodman was there demanding a fight with Inoue. So that might be Inoue's next mandatory sometime in the fall. Goodman is just fodder for Inoue though. I don't see anyone at 122 seriously challenging him for the belts. I think after he fights Goodman or MJ, he should move up to 126 next year, That's when things get a bit more interesting. You have more of a variety of boxers with different styles and physiques (from 5' 2" Englishman Nick Ball to 6'1" Espinoza). I think the most intriguing match-ups for Inoue at Featherweight are against Venado Lopez and Brandon Figueroa. But I think Inoue still cleans out 126.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Inoue Vs Figueroa sounds intriguing. Inoue takes him out though.

Speaking of Figueroa, he fought last weekend against Jessie Magdaleno and won via KO (body shot).

• Like 2

Yihetuan
9 hours ago, DiP said:

Inoue Vs Figueroa sounds intriguing. Inoue takes him out though.

Speaking of Figueroa, he fought last weekend against Jessie Magdaleno and won via KO (body shot).

I will say Figs is one tough SOB & can take punishment to dish it out. I think he should be undefeated as I feel he beat Fulton in that matchup. But fortunately for Inoue he doesn't fight to his height & length and fights small. He likes to dirty box especially inside but Inoue can counter him easily & no one can dish out liver shots like Inoue. Like you I see Inoue completely out boxing him from the outside & then hurting Figs to the body.

• Like 1

OpiumKungFuCracker
58 minutes ago, DiP said:

Vasyl Lomachenko becomes a world champion again!

Boxing is so back!!!! Go Loma!! 

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Yihetuan
1 hour ago, DiP said:

Vasyl Lomachenko becomes a world champion again!

Kambosos another one hit wonder like Jeff Horn. Will end up a gatekeeper now. Both Moloney brothers lost within a span of week with Jason losing to a former K1 kickboxer with 8 pro fights and Andrew retired in the ring. Bad week for Aussie boxing. Maybe we will finally see Tank fight Loma now?

• Like 2

Yihetuan

@DiP I was surprised Hiroto Kyoguchi lost to Vince Parras in their rematch from 6 years ago. They fought a couple days ago in Seoul. Some people said he was robbed but no way the old Kyoguchi even makes this a close fight. Man, Kyoguchi was supposed to up there with Kenshiro, Inoue and Nakatani. He really fell off after getting KO'd by Kenshiro. Btw, Parras and that busty ring girl has become a meme now :laugh

vince-paras-ring-card-girl-770x591.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Maybe we will finally see Tank fight Loma now?

I hope Tank vs Loma or Loma vs Shakur happens. There's still doubts of Loma being an ATG, especially from the toxic Afro-American boxing community. I just wanna see Loma prove these haters that he has the tools to hang with anyone in the big leagues.

Edited by DiP
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

@DiP I was surprised Hiroto Kyoguchi lost to Vince Parras in their rematch from 6 years ago. They fought a couple days ago in Seoul. Some people said he was robbed but no way the old Kyoguchi even makes this a close fight. Man, Kyoguchi was supposed to up there with Kenshiro, Inoue and Nakatani. He really fell off after getting KO'd by Kenshiro. Btw, Parras and that busty ring girl has become a meme now :laugh

vince-paras-ring-card-girl-770x591.jpeg

Now where have I seen that picture before... It was a fight last year involving another Pinoy boxer who won and felt the urge to hold a ring girl while taking a picture. 😂 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Astrolabio is a conventional brawler, and doesn't strike me as someone who can hang with elites in the long run. He got lucky against a washed Rigondeaux, and looked incredibly average against Moloney. Sooner or later, his career is gonna be finished. Filipino boxing is in need of new breed of fighters, and I feel things won't happen as long as boxers keep emulating Pacquiao.

But there's still hope. As I've said a few pages earlier, Lienard Sarcon is a very promising undefeated prospect. He has sparred with Mayweather Promotions prospect Curmel Moton which was 6 months ago, and has had some notable sparring sessions since then as well. Sarcon has great potentials, and could do very well with good management and advanced training. I just hope he won't end up like Mark Anthony Barriga, who one time was labelled "The Filipino Floyd Mayweather" but has since gone on to be a YouTuber after losing his last fight against Jonathan Gonzalez two years ago. Here's hoping for the next special Pinoy boxer.

Edited by DiP
  • Like 1

Yihetuan
Posted (edited)

That was an entertaining fight. say what you will about the state of the HW division but gotta give props to Usyk for fighting a guy 40 lbs heavier and having a massive height deficit. The ref robbed him of putting away Fury in the 9th. Usyk was getting bloodied up pretty good in the middle rounds but was able to remain composed and turn the tables later in the fight. Has Usyk firmly planted himself as #1 P4P over Crawford and Inoue with this performance?

What a night for Ukrainian boxing as Denys Berinchyk remains unbeaten with a victory over Emmanuel Navarette for the WBO Lightweight title.

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

PandaPawPaw

Tyson saying Usyk won because of the war going on. WTF! Twat and so is his bellend of a dad.

• Haha 3

sifu iron perm
2 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Tyson saying Usyk won because of the war going on. WTF! Twat and so is his bellend of a dad.

Then ended with HAPPY NEW YEAR.

• Haha 2

OpiumKungFuCracker

Fury disappointed me man. If he would’ve listen to what Usyk said to him prior to the fight, don’t be afraid, I will not leave you alone!’ He’d have won but no!!!!!! Dude wanted to showboating and troll in the ring . Got clipped in round 9 and the rest is history. Hope Fury does his homework for the rematch.

• Like 1

Fury vs Usyk was a great fight,I had it a draw but can’t complain that they gave it to Usyk,might of done if they gave it to Fury though.As others have mentioned Fury clowned around to much and you can’t do that with someone with skills,he had Usyk troubled and hurt and he should of finished it but just fucked around.I also think his punch resistance is leaving him as he gets older,Usyk almost put him away and he’s not a big puncher.Roll on the rematch but I think Fury may opt for Joshua first.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

PandaPawPaw

Tyson 'Usyk won it because of the war' Fury.

• Like 1