Jackie Chan's funniest movie?

Iron_Leopard

Iron_Leopard

I was rewatching Twin Dragons last night and was laughing so hard during the whole thing I could barely breath.

It got me wondering what people would pick as his overall funniest movie.

I think right now I'm going with Twin Dragons.

• Like 4

Chu Liu Hsiang

Not his funniest movie but I always utterly enjoy his interactions with Sek Kin in THE YOUNG MASTER. Not sure which movie I think is his overall funniest, it depends on mood. 

• Like 4

TibetanWhiteCrane

I've sadly soured a lot on JC in the last decade or so. Though I stopped liking his new films long before that. But I rarely put on any of his classics these days either. Maybe I've just seen them too many times, but they hold less and less appeal for me.

And JC was my entryway into HK cinema, with Young Master being the first full HK movie I ever saw back in '85. I can usually separate the art from the artist and don't hold actors to any higher standard than anyone else, but I would be lying if I said that him being an off-screen PRC pandering prick hasn't bled over into my appreciation of him as a whole. And I doubt I'm done with him for good. But it's certainly not the same as it was, and maybe that's fine.

As for his funniest film, I think Wheels on Meals is my choice. Though that is also down to Yuen Biao and indeed Sammo. If we're going with a solo and self-directed effort, I think Operation Condor takes it.

Edited by TibetanWhiteCrane
  • Like 4

Wheels on Meals is a fascinating movie for me because it seems like Sammo gave Biao the best lines in order to compensate for the fact that Jackie got to showcase more of himself in the finale.

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1