Female fighters...

Guest moviegyrl

I think I originally saw that scene the same way. And I love the nunchaku, so I was a man on a mission to find that movie. I wound up with all of the IRON ANGEL (aka. MIDNITE ANGELS) movies, and she's awesome in all of them. They all certainly deserve remastered DVD releases.

No kidding? :ooh: I've got this one, but I haven't watched it yet. It's going straight to the top of the pile.

Just like Donnie Yen...whenever you see Moon Lee on a DVD...watch it!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Bey Logan's book Hong Kong Action Cinema, Michelle Yeoh learned martial arts from Lam Ching-Ying. As she was a ballerina, Sammo Hung asked Lam, who was a member of his stunt team at the time, to train Michelle. Michelle and Lam had a good laugh when they turned their legs a certain way and they cramped up due to their different backgrounds.

I would add Sophie Crawford as well. While she had no martial arts background prior to her film career, she learned quickly and is an accomplished on-screen fighter and stunt performer. Most HK film fans will remember her fight scene against Billy Chau in Escape from Brothel, where she fought totally nude. She would be Sarah Michelle Gellar's stunt double in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and she is married to martial artist and stunt coordinator Jeff Pruitt.

ShaOW!linDude

Chris Yen.

She's Donnie Yen's little sister. The only thing I know of that she's been in is "The Adventures of Johnny Tao". She shows promise as a MA/screen fighter and she's cute to boot. It'd be cool if DY would put her in a couple of his films and really get her career rolling.

Archived