Female fighters...

Guest moviegyrl

Guest kungfusamurai

For old school, there was a girl in the film Death Duel Of Mantis who was awesome. She had great power in her punches and kicks, clean leg sweeps, and I think she even did some flips. The only other film I saw her in was that Super Ninja 2 Ground Zero DVD. Too bad she wasn't in more films to showcase her abilities.

Michelle Yim is another under-rated martial arts female fighter from the old school era. I think her biggest role was in 10 Tigers From Shaolin.

KFS

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Liu chung liang

for modern: Zhang Ziyi... :lol nevermind.

for old school: Pearl Chang Ling :eek

Any of you seen 'The 13 Cold-Blooded Eagles'? Cynthia Khan kicked ass... and not only that.... she looked HOT!!!!!!!! I mean HOT HOT. Hotter than the sun, hotter than pepper lol. She was just lookin' bangin' HOT. I would bang her. :b :lol

Guest DragonMa55

If we're talking old school then I'd definitely rate Judy Lee, her fight scene at the end of 'Queen Boxer' is amazing.

Angela Mao has more charisma, she was the original diva of kung-fu films.

Guest kungfucollectors

Moon Lee: 4

Yukari Oshima: 5

Michelle Yeoh: 4

Cynthia Rothrock: 4

Michiko Nishiwaki: 2

Cyntia Khan: 4

Kara Hui:5

what about sibelle hiu

Guest Liu chung liang

sorry for not rating these sweethearts. :lol er i mean bitches haha.... kidding.

Pearl Chang Ling: 5.... for her sexiness 10

Lily Li: 4

Angela Mao: 4 1/2

Flora Cheung from Duel to the Death: ummm 3 1/2

Moon Lee: 3... for being cute, i give her a 5

Yukari Oshima: 5 or even 10

Michelle Yeoh: 5

Cynthia Rothrock: HK films 5.... US films... WHAT HAPPEN?! 0

Michiko Nishiwaki: 4

Cynthia Khan: 4 1/2.... but for beauty 10000000000

Joyce Godenzi: 10

Kara Hui: 4 1/2

oh Sibelle Hu? in My Lucky Stars right? ummmm i dunno. i would say a 3 1/2

Zhang Ziyi: oh boy lol... tough one. in the words of chris tucker, "we could had been a cute couple, we could had been something special... but you went crazy as bitch!" i give her a 0. lol...... ok a 3 1/2

Shu Qi: 3

Karen Mok: 3

Vicki Zhao Wei: 1000000000000000000000.... just kidding again. i give her a solid 4

Anita Mui can fight pretty good too: 3

Francoise Yip: 3 1/2

Chingmy Yau: 3 1/2

Sharla Cheung Man: a total hottie, stephen chow is nuts about her... 3 1/2

Maggie Cheung: if it's really her doing her stuff. 4

Brigitte Lin: 5 ...her sex appeal: 6 ...her teasing: 10

there you go moviegyrl. ;)

Guest ironfistedmonk2003

I watched Woman Avenger again today, Hsia Kwan Li is amazing, easily up there with the best old skool ladies.

Guest morgoth

Punt44, I agree, Kim Penn is freaking sweet. I watch In the Line of Duty 5 over and over because of her, just knowing she will be there for the final fight.

Here is how I would ratre the girls asked about-

Yukari-5/5

Moon-4.5/5

Yeoh-4/5

Rothrock-3/5

Haven't heard of the Japanese girl.

How well do these fighters perform on screen? Rate them from 5 (greatest) to 1 (least).

"Moon" Lee Choi Fung

Yukari Oshima

Michelle Yeoh

Cynthia Rothrock

Michiko Nishiwaki

Thanks! 8)

I know I'm late on this but, I just happened across this thread and can't help it...

5 Moon Lee & Tsumura (Yukari) Oshima

4 Rothrock

3. Michiko and Yeoh

Yep, Michiko was a bodybuilder, she's the weakest on-screen fighter in the bunch, although she's my second favourite GWG (after Moon Lee). In Hero Dream's finale she fights a Thai thug and she has a very short series of kicks/punches - like, 2 secondes or so, but it looks so powerful and blazingly fast/

The best, of course is Yukari, but she mostly played relatively small bits

Then I woud say, goes Moon

Cynthia Rothrock would be the next. Best roles - Yes, madam! and Magic Chrystal. Her strongest side is weaponry. (Also, she's a horrible actress.At least, she was. See her in Karate Tigers 2 - she speaks English there and her lines delivery is just laughable.

Michelle was very talented and could've gone very far as an onscreen fighter, but she just didn't do many MA films

Why are we talking about these 5 girls? What about the rest?

Michiko actually did karate as well as chinese martial arts. She's very good but it's hard to find good stuff with her. She's a back breaker though. Yukari is a back breaker as well...and so is Rothrock. Rothrock's American work mostly sucks but, her HK stuff was all top notch. Moon Lee is the only one I don't consider a natural back breaker but, her right hand will crush you.

Yukari Oshima

Moon Lee

Michelle Yeoh

Cynthia Rothrock

Michiko Nishiwaki

I put Cynthia Rothrock near the bottom because her fight scenes are sadly heavily body-doubled. I've rarely seen the top 3 ladies above get body doubled.

KFS

Actually I think most of Rothrock's doubling was in her American movies.

I believe it was in a Bey Logan book that I read of Moon Lee's training by Lau. Oh, well! >D

She was in a movie with Lau so maybe she had some training. Lau gave some training to Hui Ying Hung. Li was trained by Tsui though.

Yukari Oshima. No contest.

Moon Lee. Very fast. She definitely moves like a dancer (which of course, she was) and there's definitely power behind her kicks and punches.

Cynthia Rothrock. Alright, I admit it, I'm biased, yes, she get's doubled alot and she can look stiff but her fight against Dick Wei in Yes Madam still floors me and she had a pretty good fight against Yuen Biao in Righting Wrongs, she didn't look stiff there at all.

Michiko Nishiwaki. She has power from her background in bodybuilding and she can look quite fluid in her movements.

Michelle Yeoh. Never been a fan, sorry, anyone has a problem with that, bring it on.

Where does Joyce Godenzi, Sharon Yeung Pan Pan and Kara Hui fit into this list?

Not a lot of people agree with me but, I hold Moon Lee at the top of the heap along with Yukari Oshima. Moon Lee doesn't exhibit explosiveness as consistently as Yukari, Rothrock or Cynthia Khan but, more than any other chick she exhibits a smoothness and ability to flow with the fight I don't see with anyone else...and her right hand is literally magic.

I was never a big Yeoh fan myself but, recently I've gained more respect for her. 12-14 hour training days will do that.

Joyce seems like a powerful chick but, I was never very impressed with her. Yang Pan Pan is good but, for some reason her skills were never really highlighted like they should have been. Kara Hui was very good with weapons and had a great right but, I was rarely impressed with her fighting ability. Actually, Kara Hui seemed more "brawly" to me in her '90s stuff. I think she'd do well in a bar fight but, many of the other chicks I think could take her.

2 Joyce G.

1 Kara Hui and Yang Pan Pan

Well from a screen fighting and martial arts standpoint...

1. Yukari Oshima-karate champ...can do some acrobatics...excellent rhythem style...Badass. Not that attractive tho.

2. Michelle Yeoh- this girl can punch pretty well and has made the transition from ballarena to fighting quite well-good in modern films as well as period pieces. My personal favorite as she is quite skilled, articulate, and attractive.

3. Sharon Yeung Pan Pan- Wow peking opera produces talent...very flexible, gorgeous, and can do the choreography and long takes. Not incredibly well know, but a good performer.

4. Cynthia Rothrock- she's got skills, but she's limited and not very acrobatic. She's got some charisma even tho her acting is quite wooden. I loved her mantis fist in Magic Crystal.

5. Moon Lee- pixie faced cutie...more cute than anything really, but in the hands of a sharp choreographer she looks tough. Her kicks are too pretty for their own good.

6. Cynthia Khan-toooooo slow and it shows...even wo ping couldn't save her. Needs undercranking. Beautiful, charismatic, and she can act and has had an incredible shelf life.

Should'eve been stars:

Kim Maree Penn-great martial artist...and fairly attractive. Very impressed with her skills.

Jewel Lee- she was the evil girl from naked weapon with Maggie Q. Abviously some sort of wushu champ, but with the face of an angel. She can punch, kick, and JUMP. Would make an excellent villian.

Understandable list.

1. I know Yukari Oshima received some rather androgynous roles and such but, if you catch her in the right movie she's sexy as hell. Pound per pound probably the most explosively powerful of all HK chicks. Her side kick was murder.

2. Yeoh had a monster of a round house kick.

3. Yang Pan Pan...arguably the hottest of all HK chicks at her peak...had good fundamentals but, I thought she could have been a lot better. Careerwise she's my no. 2 all time though.

4. Rothrock is actually more acrobatic than you give her credit for. Very powerful and great with weapons. Maybe the sexiest bod.

5. Moon Lee's advantage is in her smoothness and ability to dominate the fighting range. Great foot work. Her smoothness is great for dissolving the attacks of more powerful opponents such as Yukari or the fellas. Her right hand is nothing less than an atom bomb. She's also very, very well rounded as a martial artist. She can do it all and rarely relied on doubles. For a while I never really thought much about Moon Lee but, in the end she swept all before her and ended up tied for my personal number one. Oh...and she's sexy beautiful!

6. I never really thought of Khan as too slow in general. Two things will always impress me about her...Her power and her beauty. She was my favorite for a number of years...nice bod...beautiful face...sexy...and she's the queen of combos. Her combinations are just murder! Sometimes I cringe seeing some of the blows she lands...but, alas she lost favor with me when I noticed a bad pattern associated with her. She relies on too many doubles. It's one thing when you have a double for you when going over a cliff in a car...it's another to have a double almost every time you do a flying kick. Only Sibelle Hu was worse with doubling. Khan's loaded with power though.

Kim Maree was beautiful...and powerful...but, rarely impressed me. Good fundamentals but, not much more.

It's mostly in those low budget films where I thought she looked bad. Maybe it's down to the bad choreographers, cos I quite like her in higher budget films where she's being choreographed by someone good. I just find her performences really inconsistent.
One thing that keeps her from being my favorite...

If we're talking oldschool I would rate Angela Mao as one of the best.
One of the few HK chicks I'd be literally scared of...

for modern: Zhang Ziyi... :lol nevermind.

for old school: Pearl Chang Ling :eek

Any of you seen 'The 13 Cold-Blooded Eagles'? Cynthia Khan kicked ass... and not only that.... she looked HOT!!!!!!!! I mean HOT HOT. Hotter than the sun, hotter than pepper lol. She was just lookin' bangin' HOT. I would bang her. :b :lol

LMAO! Arguably the best looker all time...

If we're talking old school then I'd definitely rate Judy Lee, her fight scene at the end of 'Queen Boxer' is amazing.

Angela Mao has more charisma, she was the original diva of kung-fu films.

Judy Lee is tied with Li Choi Fung for my number one spot. Totally versatile, powerful and puts the "S" in sexy. Her spin and side kicks were murder...and don't let her grab a weapon! Acrobatics, shapes, she did it all!

I watched Woman Avenger again today, Hsia Kwan Li is amazing, easily up there with the best old skool ladies.
I put her up there with any chick!

Guest WuxiaFan

5. Moon Lee's advantage is in her smoothness and ability to dominate the fighting range. Great foot work. Her smoothness is great for dissolving the attacks of more powerful opponents such as Yukari or the fellas. Her right hand is nothing less than an atom bomb. She's also very, very well rounded as a martial artist. She can do it all and rarely relied on doubles. For a while I never really thought much about Moon Lee but, in the end she swept all before her and ended up tied for my personal number one. Oh...and she's sexy beautiful!

Moon Lee is my new favorite next to Angela Mao! Awhile back, I ordered TOP FIGHTERS 2: DEADLY CHINA DOLLS documentary produced in the UK. The documentary featured Moon Lee who I'd never seen before, but WOW, she's amazing and hotter than sin! :bigsmile: The major scene they showcased for her was a scene in a mansion with white marble floors, stairs, etc. and she was wearing a tan outfit and fighting a ton a guys in black. During the fight she pulled out white nunchucks and just went to town! The fight scene was unbelievable! The problem with the documentary was that it didn't say what moive the scene was from!:ooh: Anyway, I finally found it in MIDNITE ANGELS 3! I had to stoop to buying a Ground Zero disc:tongue:, but it's the only version available. I just watched it last night and yes, it's an '80s ultra-cheesy flick. But the stunningly gorgeous Moon Lee is just incredible! Her moves, kicks, punches, and stares are awesome. She has 3 major fight scenes in the movie, but for some stupid reason, she's not in the finale! It was idiotic anyway, but they should have put Moon up against the main female villian, but they put the male lead up against her!:ooh: Hopefully this movie will get a better DVD release, but if you can pick up the GZ release for $5 or less, do it!

I 've got that doco, it turned me onto a number of different female action actresses, the mansion scene with Moon is incredible, she just tears through that army and then pulls out some nun-chuks.

Moon's best overall film is stil 'Nocturnal Demon', her fight at the end is just awesome.

• Administrator
Moon Lee is my new favorite next to Angela Mao! Awhile back, I ordered TOP FIGHTERS 2: DEADLY CHINA DOLLS documentary produced in the UK. The documentary featured Moon Lee who I'd never seen before, but WOW, she's amazing and hotter than sin! :bigsmile: The major scene they showcased for her was a scene in a mansion with white marble floors, stairs, etc. and she was wearing a tan outfit and fighting a ton a guys in black. During the fight she pulled out white nunchucks and just went to town! The fight scene was unbelievable! The problem with the documentary was that it didn't say what moive the scene was from!:ooh: Anyway, I finally found it in MIDNITE ANGELS 3!

I think I originally saw that scene the same way. And I love the nunchaku, so I was a man on a mission to find that movie. I wound up with all of the IRON ANGEL (aka. MIDNITE ANGELS) movies, and she's awesome in all of them. They all certainly deserve remastered DVD releases.

I 've got that doco, it turned me onto a number of different female action actresses, the mansion scene with Moon is incredible, she just tears through that army and then pulls out some nun-chuks.

Moon's best overall film is stil 'Nocturnal Demon', her fight at the end is just awesome.

No kidding? :ooh: I've got this one, but I haven't watched it yet. It's going straight to the top of the pile.

Moon Lee is my new favorite next to Angela Mao! Awhile back, I ordered TOP FIGHTERS 2: DEADLY CHINA DOLLS documentary produced in the UK. The documentary featured Moon Lee who I'd never seen before, but WOW, she's amazing and hotter than sin! :bigsmile: The major scene they showcased for her was a scene in a mansion with white marble floors, stairs, etc. and she was wearing a tan outfit and fighting a ton a guys in black. During the fight she pulled out white nunchucks and just went to town! The fight scene was unbelievable! The problem with the documentary was that it didn't say what moive the scene was from!:ooh: Anyway, I finally found it in MIDNITE ANGELS 3! I had to stoop to buying a Ground Zero disc:tongue:, but it's the only version available. I just watched it last night and yes, it's an '80s ultra-cheesy flick. But the stunningly gorgeous Moon Lee is just incredible! Her moves, kicks, punches, and stares are awesome. She has 3 major fight scenes in the movie, but for some stupid reason, she's not in the finale! It was idiotic anyway, but they should have put Moon up against the main female villian, but they put the male lead up against her!:ooh: Hopefully this movie will get a better DVD release, but if you can pick up the GZ release for $5 or less, do it!

I can't say which is my favorite Moon Lee fight scene...maybe a scene in ATV's King of Drunk Fist but, she's so good I really can't be sure. I can tell you one thing though...if you're going to have a favorite over Angela Mao then she better be damn good...and Moon Lee certainly makes that cut! I like Angela Mao's inside crescent kick probably better than anyone's other than Hsia Kuang Li's...and Angela's spin kick is one of the best too...but, my problems with Angela are twofold. 1. Her hand techniques were usually not so impressive to me...she too often seemed to have little power in them...and she was never known to be the best at weapons either. Moon Lee on the other hand was better at weapons than Mao and her right hand was an atom bomb! Moon Lee seemed to have more techniques in general...

I can't remember her having a great fight in that movie but, it's been years...With Moon however, it's hard to go wrong. Moon's one chick I wouldn't want mad at me...:sad:

Archived