Longest Fight Scenes

DrNgor

Today I was watching Beach of the War Gods (1973) and started thinking about the longest fight scenes out there.

Some of the top ones I'm aware of:

Beach of the War Gods (1973) - The last battle runs about 36:20 if you start counting when the swordplay begins (add a few more minutes if you start with the traps at the beach)

Shaolin Temple (1976) - The raid on the temple takes up about 26-27 minutes of screen time.

Superior Youngster (1973) - Climax - 25:41

10 Tigers of Shaolin (1978) - The climax lasts 24:35.

Tough Guy (1972) - Climax - 21:09

Kung Fu, the Invisible Fist aka Tiger vs. Dragon (1972) - Chan Sing vs. Yasuaki Kurata - 20:50

Kung Fu Means Fists, Strikes and Swords (1978) - Final fight lasts 20:28 (give or take).

The Young Master (1980) - Jackie Chan vs. Whang In-Sik - 17 minutes

Buddha Assassinator (1980) - Meng Hoi vs. killers, Lung Fei, Hou Po-Wei, and finally Legendary Superkicker Hwang Jang Lee.

Rebellious Reign (1980) - Big final blowout - 14:20

Secret Rivals II (1977) - John Liu and Tino Wong vs. Legendary Superkicker Hwang Jang Lee and his killers - 13:05

Drunken Master II (1994) - The entire foundry sequence at the end - 13:00+

Any others that you all can add?

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 2

Cognoscente
1 hour ago, sym8 said:

Not sure how long it lasts but the finale of rebellious reign is not only long but a barn stormer

10 minutes.

• Like 4

DragonClaws
On 7/31/2021 at 7:53 PM, DrNgor said:

Any others that you all can add?

Tough Guy(1972), Superior Youngster(1973) & Black Panther(1973) are the first three titles that springs to mind. There's plenty of old school Basher's that have extended finales. In particular the ones made in Taiwan, like Black Panther.

• Like 3

Thanks for the submissions, guys! I'll update the original post.

Does someone have a copy of Shaolin Rescuers that they could time the final fight with?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Tough Guy(1972), Superior Youngster(1973) & Black Panther(1973) are the first three titles that springs to mind. There's plenty of old school Basher's that have extended finales. In particular the ones made in Taiwan, like Black Panther.

I included Tough Guy. I'll check Superior Youngster later.

Black Panther is a difficult one: the final one-on-one is only 8 minutes long. It is preceded by tragic dramatic segment which itself is preceded by a very long fight sequence. I'm debating on whether or not to include it.

• Like 2

DragonClaws
13 hours ago, DrNgor said:

Black Panther is a difficult one: the final one-on-one is only 8 minutes long. It is preceded by tragic dramatic segment which itself is preceded by a very long fight sequence. I'm debating on whether or not to include it.

Ill check some of my older reviews, to see if I can find anymore suggestions. There must be a few Cliff Lok movies that fit the bill.

• Like 1

ShaOW!linDude

How long does Liu and Kurata's finale in Heroes of the East run? 

And isn't the finale of Secret Rivals 2 supposed to be a long one? Been a while since I watched it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Little Superman(1975)?.

Hello my friend. This is one of my favourites. Released after Call Me Dragon which did very well in theatres where I grew up but Little Superman was outstanding at the time. I think Little Superman had one of the most vicious end fights in those days but I have doubts whether that end fight was longer (cut or uncut) than the titles already mentioned so far in this thread.

• Like 2

Boxer From Shantung is pretty long as well. I just order the HK Blu-ray. I will watch it and set the timer. 👊👍👊👍👊👍✔✔✔

• Like 2

DragonClaws
On 8/4/2021 at 2:37 PM, Kwok Choi said:

Hello my friend. This is one of my favourites. Released after Call Me Dragon which did very well in theatres where I grew up but Little Superman was outstanding at the time. I think Little Superman had one of the most vicious end fights in those days but I have doubts whether that end fight was longer (cut or uncut) than the titles already mentioned so far in this thread.

Hi @Kwok Choi, its a epic throwdown but like you said its probably not the longest when compared to others. The first time I saw it was in the late 90's, and still held up well then.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2021 at 6:37 PM, Kwok Choi said:

The finale to Call Me Dragon runs a little longer than ten minutes, while the finale to Little Superman is about nine minutes.

• Like 2

On 8/3/2021 at 6:54 PM, ShaOW!linDude said:

And isn't the finale of Secret Rivals 2 supposed to be a long one? Been a while since I watched it.

It runs about 13:05, broken up into three parts: Tino Wong and John Liu vs. HJL's special killers, the fight with the Emei piercers, and the final open-handed fight.

• Like 3

On 8/3/2021 at 7:32 PM, ShawAngela said:

What about Queen Boxer ?

It runs 11 minutes. It doesn't quite make the list.

• Like 2

On 8/3/2021 at 7:04 PM, northern b said:

Buddha Assassinator has a long end fight 

Yeah, the last 14-and-a-half minutes are basically pure action.

• Like 3

Drunken Master II, maybe ? Not only Jackie's fight, but the whole fight from the moment Jackie and his friend arrive at the factory until he wins the fight. I don't have a timer on my portable player, so, I can't see how long the fights last, sorry if I post titles that don't fit the thread...

• Like 2

On 8/8/2021 at 1:32 PM, ShawAngela said:

Drunken Master II, maybe ? Not only Jackie's fight, but the whole fight from the moment Jackie and his friend arrive at the factory until he wins the fight.

Yeah, that entire foundry sequence lasts more than 13 minutes. I'll put it on the list.

• Like 2