Wang Yu/Lo Lieh/Yueh Hua vs. David Chang/Ti Lung/Fu Sheng

Iron_Leopard

Iron_Leopard

Which trio do you prefer? 

I'm taking the first three mainly because of Yueh Hua and Lo Lieh.

• Like 3

David Chiang/Ti Lung/Fu Sheng : there are not too many movies in which they appeared as a trio, unless I'm mistaken, or maybe I don't remember...

At the risk to disapproove myself, I'll go for Wang Yu/Yueh Hua/Lo Lieh, for the same reason as you.

Yueh Hua is the very first Shaw's actor I discovered when I was a teenager, with Virgins of the seven seas and 12 gold medallions and he became an idol of mine at once.

I began to appreciate more and more Lo Lieh when I saw him in good guys' roles.

The second Shaws' actor I discovered in my teens was Wang Yu, in Rage of the master, but I didn't even know that it was him, but where I began to really appreciate him is when I began to collect the Wildside Shaws' dvds when I discovered him in The magnificent trio, and later, when I saw him in Furious slaughter and Double double crossers, I became an instant fan !

• Like 4

Iron_Leopard
31 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

David Chiang/Ti Lung/Fu Sheng : there are not too many movies in which they appeared as a trio, unless I'm mistaken, or maybe I don't remember...

At the risk to disapproove myself, I'll go for Wang Yu/Yueh Hua/Lo Lieh, for the same reason as you.

Yueh Hua is the very first Shaw's actor I discovered when I was a teenager, with Virgins of the seven seas and 12 gold medallions and he became an idol of mine at once.

I began to appreciate more and more Lo Lieh when I saw him in good guys' roles.

The second Shaws' actor I discovered in my teens was Wang Yu, in Rage of the master, but I didn't even know that it was him, but where I began to really appreciate him is when I began to collect the Wildside Shaws' dvds when I discovered him in The magnificent trio, and later, when I saw him in Furious slaughter and Double double crossers, I became an instant fan !

Yueh Hua has quickly become my favorite Shaws actor. 

And I do wish Lo Lieh did more good guy roles. I loved him in Valley of the Fangs and The Swift Knight. Although in TSK I guess he was more of an anti hero.

But for some reason I thought David Chiang was your favorite actor. Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Iron_Leopard said:

But for some reason I thought David Chiang was your favorite actor. Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

You are right. David Chiang and Adam Cheng are my top favorites of all my favorites, but I actually love all of them !

39 minutes ago, Iron_Leopard said:

And I do wish Lo Lieh did more good guy roles. I loved him in Valley of the Fangs and The Swift Knight. Although in TSK I guess he was more of an anti hero.

Did you see him in The flying dagger, and one of the Twin swords trilogy, and Lady Hermit, and Broken Oath, and...a lot of other ones in which he didn't play the villain ? Ah, also in Magnificent trio ! And I loved him in Duel for gold !

• Like 4

Iron_Leopard
3 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

You are right. David Chiang and Adam Cheng are my top favorites of all my favorites, but I actually love all of them !

Did you see him in The flying dagger, and one of the Twin swords trilogy, and Lady Hermit, and Broken Oath, and...a lot of other ones in which he didn't play the villain ? Ah, also in Magnificent trio ! And I loved him in Duel for gold !

Oh yeah I've seen all those but Broken Oath. He does have quite a few actually. 

• Like 2

TibetanWhiteCrane
3 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Lo Lieh in Broken Oath? You must be thinking of something else.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Lo Lieh in Broken Oath? You must be thinking of something else.

😱😱 😂🤣 I meant Oath of death, of course, Sorry !

• Like 3

Difficult decision mainly because I like Lo Lieh and Ti Lung; I can't make up my mind at this point.

• Like 4