Jolt (2021, Kate Beckinsale)

SamSeed

I loved this film. Recently released on Amazon Prime, Kate Beckinsale finally gets a role that allows her to showcase her comedy chops as well as some brutal and quite original action sequences.

It's basically a new version of Crank but without the shaky cam.

Edited by SamSeed
  • Like 2

Drunken Monk

In my opinion, this is another lame, half-arsed “action movie” put out by a streaming service. Kate Beckinsale absolutely shines and is the very definition of charming while everything else is boring and utterly uninteresting.

There is ONE actual fight scene in this film. Maybe one and a half. And it lasts about 20 seconds. 
Also, I hate to say it but the “big reveal” can be seen a mile away.

Having seen this and Gunpowder Milkshake within a week of each other, I’m loosing my faith when it comes to streaming platforms making solid action film. We need more along the likes of Extraction and less like this.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Drunken Monk said:

In my opinion, this is another lame, half-arsed “action movie” put out by a streaming service. Kate Beckinsale absolutely shines and is the very definition of charming while everything else is boring and utterly uninteresting.

There is ONE actual fight scene in this film. Maybe one and a half. And it lasts about 20 seconds. 
Also, I hate to say it but the “big reveal” can be seen a mile away.

Having seen this and Gunpowder Milkshake within a week of each other, I’m loosing my faith when it comes to streaming platforms making solid action film. We need more along the likes of Extraction and less like this.

I see what you mean. I was more impressed with the comedy than the action, it was refreshing to see a central character with a sense of humour.

• Like 2

Drunken Monk
1 hour ago, SamSeed said:

I see what you mean. I was more impressed with the comedy than the action, it was refreshing to see a central character with a sense of humour.

I’m glad you enjoyed it. I’m not one to judge people for their enjoyment of stuff. For example, I think my wife might really enjoy this for the same reasons you did.

Just wasn’t my cup of tea it seems.

• Like 2

Cannot say that I am of fan of much of Kate's work, outside of the Underworld movies(Which I love). But this looked like it might be alright. 

• Like 2

As a action movie it was lame. As comedy it was ok. Not the best, but i have seen a lot of more lame action movies on streaming sites. And Kate is always an eyecatcher.

• Like 2

I agree with what most had to say about this. It's a slighlty above average movie. Thanks to Kate Beckinsale and a strong beginning and ending. Also some of the one-liners are pretty funny. But the rest... doesn't really work. Also features one of the worst cut car chases I've watched in recent memory. Not to mention the mostly awful supporting characters. At least it's only 90 minutes long.

Edited by laagi
  • Like 4

Definitely below average for me. When it comes to female action, one of the least impressive films thus far. Kate didn't shine, her delivery is forced and unfunny, though it's pleasing to hear her British accent and see her in well picked set of clothes. There are no redeeming qualities, the plot and the action are lame despite a cool idea, and the car chase scene is one of the most boring ever, even though they secured a McLaren for this scene. Kate has one fight scene and is pretty much doubled the whole time by her stunt double Gabriela Harman. Jolt feels like it was quickly put together and while it does entertain to a point, as a whole it delivers less then expected. 

• Like 3

On 10/30/2021 at 2:01 AM, Super Ninja said:

Definitely below average for me. When it comes to female action, one of the least impressive films thus far. Kate didn't shine, her delivery is forced and unfunny, though it's pleasing to hear her British accent and see her in well picked set of clothes. There are no redeeming qualities, the plot and the action are lame despite a cool idea, and the car chase scene is one of the most boring ever, even though they secured a McLaren for this scene. Kate has one fight scene and is pretty much doubled the whole time by her stunt double Gabriela Harman. Jolt feels like it was quickly put together and while it does entertain to a point, as a whole it delivers less then expected. 

I've noticed that most of her movies, not called "Underworld", end up being like that. Its really a shame. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1