Is crime story 1993 somehow part of the police story franchise?

WangYu

Only connection is that both are HK movies and Jackie plays a cop. Bit like saying The Gauntlet is part of the Dirty Harry franchise because Clint plays a cop in it :smile

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, WangYu said:

this wikipedia page about the police story franchise has crime story as part of the series. This surely can’t be correct?

Interestingly enough, Leonard Maltin in his movie guide stated that it was as well, even though he never reviewed it to my knowledge.

image.png.29cbfb439f4e2bd75ed28436c26e4d74.png

Edited by DrNgor
  • Like 3

Mike Leeder

In certain territories including Japan it was implied to be a Police Story movie, NEW POLICE STORY in Japan

p2207572224.jpg

• Like 4

One Armed Boxer
1 minute ago, Mike Leeder said:

In certain territories including Japan it was implied to be a Police Story movie, NEW POLICE STORY in Japan

I believe this re-title resulted in the 2004 ‘New Police Story’ being called ‘Newer Police Story’ in Japan.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

I believe this re-title resulted in the 2004 ‘New Police Story’ being called ‘Newer Police Story’ in Japan.

The Japanese title of the 2004 film is 香港国際警察/NEW POLICE STORY, if I'm not mistaken. Which translates to 'Hong Kong International Police/New Police Story'. So it looks like it's still called 'New Police Story' in some fashion.

• Like 2