Letters to Bob Baker

Cognoscente

12 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

That's how I just heard about this, right before I popped in here to read and see everyone's thoughts on this. Kinda in shock about the coke and everything other than the hash which I have known about for many years. I always thought it was the hash that did him in, and maybe it was, to an extent. If what we are seeing is real and not some fake bs to get money out of people then it is some pretty damning stuff. Kinda. More of a shock to us old timers. Doubt the kids of today give a crap. Tarantino`s movie didn't do any favors to Bruce's legacy either. Personally, I stopped thinking Bruce was some God when I was a lot younger. I remember all the debates that people used to have about his mood swings, weight loss, all the other stuff that happened  and obviously his cause of death. Cocaine could certainly have been a major factor and certainly answer some previously unanswered questions. Certainly puts Linda in bad light though and wonder if there would be any legalities we could see after all these years? She certainly went to a lot of trouble to protect Bruce's image. But, these letters pretty much shoot it down in one shot. Have these letters been proven to be 100% genuine? Was it the son or daughter of Bob that is selling them or were they really found at some flea market as stated in that article? Could some of these be faked by George Tan? Lots of questions. In all honesty, there will need to be some seriously strong backing on this or the Lee Estate lawyers are going to have a major feast on the bones of whomever brought these forward. You would think they would have went to Linda first. Though, that would have probably seemed more like extortion but if it's real then it would certainly cause more harm than good. But, why has it waited so long to surface? "Oh by the way, I have these old letters sent to my dad by one of the biggest movie icons of all time regarding sending some coke through the mail! Thinking about auctioning these off?" Right? Either the owner of the letters figured that everyone already knew about Bruce and the letters were no big deal, or, or there's some fakery or something else going on. IDK. I don't want to say it's suspicious but Bruce using coke (or selling it) would be an extremely huge deal that could possibly destroy the legacy that Linda has worked so hard to build. Confused right now and want to know why not single peep has been said about this since 73 or even after Bob`s death? 

Either way, I am going to go make some popcorn and watch how this "game" plays out!

• Like 5

Cognoscente
7 minutes ago, reason108 said:

Could some of these be faked by George Tan?

Either him or David Tadman, but one needs to wonder if these letters were why Davis Miller was so confident that he cracked the case.

But, why has it waited so long to surface? "Oh by the way, I have these old letters sent to my dad by one of the biggest movie icons of all time regarding sending some coke through the mail! Thinking about auctioning these off?" Right? Either the owner of the letters figured that everyone already knew about Bruce and the letters were no big deal, or, or there's some fakery or something else going on. IDK. I don't want to say it's suspicious but Bruce using coke (or selling it) would be an extremely huge deal that could possibly destroy the legacy that Linda has worked so hard to build. Confused right now and want to know why not single peep has been said about this since 73 or even after Bob`s death?

The death of Wu Ngan back in 2016 probably went a long way in making sure that there would be no recrimination from this.

Edited by Cognoscente
  • Like 3

DragonClaws
14 hours ago, Cognoscente said:

Either him or David Tadman, but one needs to wonder if these letters were why Davis Miller was so confident that he cracked the case.

14 hours ago, reason108 said:

Have these letters been proven to be 100% genuine? Was it the son or daughter of Bob that is selling them or were they really found at some flea market as stated in that article?

A lot of the British Tabloids, are claiming the leeters were found at a flea market?.

Would these letters fake or real, have made out to the public if the late Golden Harvest boss Raymond Chow was still with us?.

• Like 3

sifu iron perm
On 7/11/2021 at 1:18 AM, Cognoscente said:

DTBLS is a Disney movie.

Dragon The bruce Lee chronicles is a Hallmark TV movie.

• Like 4

dionbrother

Estate lawyers can do nothing about these letters, because according to US libel law, you cannot defame a dead man.  They are real, they are authentic and fill in the gaps that ALL these writers like Tan, Miller and creepy thieves like Tadman completely missed out on.  Had we known about the coke, Bruuuuuce's death would have never been a mystery.

• Like 2

DragonClaws
9 hours ago, dionbrother said:

Had we known about the coke, Bruuuuuce's death would have never been a mystery.

There maybe even more to it than we currently know about.

• Like 1

dionbrother
59 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

There maybe even more to it than we currently know about.

I agree.  This may just be the beginning.

• Like 4

In this movie business of make believe where nothing is actually what it seems in this great film-making process of illusion, I try not to take everything at face value otherwise I doubt if I would be able to appreciate any film-making collaboration. 

I have learnt over the years to appreciate the characters, actors portray on screen, for entertainment and educational values, or the reel life character rather than the real life character. Sometimes our habits and general ideologies do change for the better over the years as we grow older. Times change, they change and people sometimes can change or are expected to change with the times. When I reflect on my youth or past days as a young man, boy! oh boy!! Today I can look at my reflection figuratively in a mirror and say I think I have been saved.

Extreme political correctness limits the rational of being human because to err is human, it is part of who and what we are that is why I tend to appreciate the art from the artists more than the personal lives of the individuals themselves because given the same situations and circumstances, I might not fare better; it could even be worse because life itself is a sensitive and delicate balancing act.

I appreciate my fellow human beings most times on first impressions with the positive contributions they make to society at large as long as it outweighs the negative aspects. The "Judge not lest ye be not judged" concept springs to mind because I know I live in a glass house and therefore I should be extremely careful when I throw stones.

• Like 9
  • Buddha Bless You 1

DragonClaws
8 hours ago, Kwok Choi said:

In this movie business of make believe where nothing is actually what it seems in this great film-making process of illusion, I try not to take everything at face value otherwise I doubt if I would be able to appreciate any film-making collaboration. 

I have learnt over the years to appreciate the characters, actors portray on screen, for entertainment and educational values, or the reel life character rather than the real life character. Sometimes our habits and general ideologies do change for the better over the years as we grow older. Times change, they change and people sometimes can change or are expected to change with the times. When I reflect on my youth or past days as a young man, boy! oh boy!! Today I can look at my reflection figuratively in a mirror and say I think I have been saved.

Extreme political correctness limits the rational of being human because to err is human, it is part of who and what we are that is why I tend to appreciate the art from the artists more than the personal lives of the individuals themselves because given the same situations and circumstances, I might not fare better; it could even be worse because life itself is a sensitive and delicate balancing act.

I appreciate my fellow human beings most times on first impressions with the positive contributions they make to society at large as long as it outweighs the negative aspects. The "Judge not lest ye be not judged" concept springs to mind because I know I live in a glass house and therefore I should be extremely careful when I throw stones.

Thats a good well balanced way of looking at it all @Kwok Choi.

• Like 2

Coliseum1972

Ive never heard of Tan forging Lee som if theyre fake its very likely DTs work

These seem too much work to forge , the paper def looks like real vintage paper and not tanned in oven like some of DTs stuff

Edited by Coliseum1972
  • Like 2

On 7/13/2021 at 10:11 AM, sifu iron perm said:

Dragon The bruce Lee chronicles is a Hallmark TV movie.

I`m waiting for Bruce Lee The Bob Baker Letters to be made into a Hallmark Made for TV movie...coming this Christmas!

On 7/14/2021 at 10:14 PM, Coliseum1972 said:

Gillian Anderson said that she pretty much did all the drugs in an interview

While not wearing a bra? That's kinda hot!

On 7/15/2021 at 11:07 AM, dionbrother said:

Estate lawyers can do nothing about these letters, because according to US libel law, you cannot defame a dead man.  They are real, they are authentic and fill in the gaps that ALL these writers like Tan, Miller and creepy thieves like Tadman completely missed out on.  Had we known about the coke, Bruuuuuce's death would have never been a mystery.

I was wondering about public opinion really. Nothing the Estate could do if the letters are real. And they probably are. But, if one forged them and The Estate loses money, is there anything they could do? 

On 7/20/2021 at 6:55 AM, Kwok Choi said:

I`m not worried about political correctness. Just Bruce always stated he didn't drink, smoke or do drugs, either in movie or person. He promoted a healthy lifestyle. And, on top of it, Linda totally lied for him...to all the fans and the insurance company, etc. It's one thing not to address an issue and it's something else to lie about it all together. Well, that's my opinion. Not all my friends are moralistic virtues. I don't expect purity with human beings. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/9/2021 at 1:32 PM, DragonClaws said:

I thought Bob Baker's son disocvered the letters?.

Thought it was his daughter? My understanding is that she/they had them all this time, just never did anything with them until now. Can't really blame them, they were sitting on something they could easily make some good money on legally, the letters weren't doing them any good in storage. 

• Like 2

Coliseum1972

Autograph forgers are evil men that exploit and abuse , human roaches

Ive just about had it explaining people about DT or a holes like Piece of Past , if they dont want to listen then let them be scammed , **** momos. CoA means jack squat , its just an opinion , Beckett and PSA can and will do mistakes/1000s of autographs they look over , common sense really.

Who the **** are the estate to judge others , they go on about this QT bs and yet they cant even be bothered to pay for Takys funeral , the man who looked after Lees grave for decades , hows that for respect ?? (on second thought considering his b*stard son Andy i prolly wouldnt give them a dime if i knew it ends up in his pocket)

Linda is a damn phony and im glad the white washing is now over , enough already !

Edited by Coliseum1972
  • Like 2

Coliseum1972

Yeah , both him and Andy and Walling , Robert Lee too since alleged asked DT to forge for him

re : celebs , we dont know them , Even heard rumor Locklear/Sheen molested Hs daughter

Edited by Coliseum1972
  • Like 1

If he was taking coke regularly it would explain the weight loss and erratic behavior, but he died of a cerebral edema not a heart attack which seems like the cocaine would have caused. But it could have been a combination of things, but it's still just speculation until proven a fact. Like the Don Henley song though people are always gonna love dirty laundry and nobody is without faults!

• Like 3

Cognoscente

I wonder how many HK celebrities that Bruce got hooked on cocaine. Perhaps he was charging them for coke in the same way that he would charge Hollywood actors for MA lessons.

• Like 1

DragonClaws
8 hours ago, Cognoscente said:

I wonder how many HK celebrities that Bruce got hooked on cocaine. Perhaps he was charging them for coke in the same way that he would charge Hollywood actors for MA lessons.

Selling and using it is one thing, it doesnt mean he was pushing people to become users.

• Like 1

Cognoscente

He may not have been actively seeking out customers but once some people tasted it, they got hooked.

In a YouTube video, Shih Kien was translated as saying: "There was a day, it was after the new year, I'm getting make-up, he walks behind me and sits here. Suddenly, he says – Uncle Kien, I won't have such a long life as you. Then I said – Nephew, you had to train Kung Fu before, but now you're making movies; and when you're making movies, you ought to train less, spend more time to get good sleep. In his profession, of course, there's never enough sleep, right? He said – I treat...acting only as a side business, you know. I had no comment. Probably he suspected his health already."

• Like 3

Maybe Bruce did die due to some extremely strong hashish from Nepal. Maybe things were made worse by his previous drug use and/or due to him having almost no body fat. Did Bruce really give up the "coca-cola" as mentioned in the letters? Did the removal of his sweat glands play a part in his death? Some believe Bruce just overheated. Some believe that he was poisoned by Betty or others. Maybe he had some undiagnosed issue that had been there all along but never diagnosed. I don't know what all the tests were that were performed on him at the autopsy. NO cocaine found in the body at the time of death. Even if an edema was the medical cause listed; what caused the edema. It certainly wasn't Equagesic; as it wasn't at Bruce's collapse during the dubbing of ETD. We also know it wasn't some magic "Death Touch" as that is all BS; there's no such thing. He wasn't beaten up. Again, BS. So, unless they want to exhume him and retest for poisons or whatever else we have learnt about his death since it happened; then it's all conjecture. Conjecture is all we have at this point; and it's all we have had! And, though it would be nice to have a conclusive cause of death, I doubt it will ever happen. Even if Betty had some dark secret to bestow on us, would we believe her? She's lied before about Bruce! I don't believe Linda either! Certainly not now if those letters are indeed 100% authentic. Perhaps Bruce's death is a little less mysterious; but, not by much. There's still some "facts" that seem to be missing from the overall story. Those that would have truly known are no longer with us or those that remain are continuing the lie. 

• Like 3

Cognoscente

I've been re-reading the Jeff Rovin/Kathy Tracy book, The Essential Jackie Chan Sourcebook, where a chapter about Triads reminded me of this subject. An anonymous "industry source" is quoted as saying: "Hong Kong drug dealers often use entertainers as carriers, since they travel frequently and are usually accorded special treatment by foreign customs officials."

The chapter that it's from is called Gangster's Paradise which also includes, for its time, a daring statement: "Stories have long circulated that Bruce Lee's death wasn't merely a tragic accident, and in each version the Triads play a prominent role. One of the more sinister theories is that Lee was murdered after he made it clear he wanted to make a break from Golden Harvest and work autonomously. Somebody along the financial food chain took umbrage at that notion and made sure that Bruce didn't go anywhere."

The statement came after the writers talked about Jackie's problem with Lo Wei.

Edited by Cognoscente
  • Like 2