Best fight-filled FINALES of all time...

Guest moviegyrl

Guest moviegyrl

THE REBELLIOUS REIGN -- Was there another director employed for the finale? It was entirely superior to the rest of the film! Dramatic as h-e-double hockey sticks!

THE VICTIM

IRON ANGELS/MIDNITE ANGELS

YES, MADAM!/POLICE ASSASSINS 2

POLICE STORY 1

'Had to add a few more:

SHAOLIN INVINCIBLE STICKS

FISTS & GUTS

THE KILLER'S ROMANCE

WARRIOR FROM SHAOLIN

THE BAREFOOT KID

ANGELS 2/MIDNITE ANGELS 2

SECRET RIVALS 2/SILVER FOX RIVALS 2

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sevenhooks

I second the Police Story 1 mall finale.

Also, these finales kicked a lot more than ass...

Dragons Forever

Eastern Condors

Wheels On Meals

Millionaire's Express

Paper Marriage (yes, Paper Marriage)

3 Evil Masters

Shaolin Prince

Fists of the White Lotus

Knockabout

I'll add -

ALL the Venom Movies

8 Diagram Pole Fighter

From Japan -

Sword of Doom, Harikiri &

Throw in some Lone Wolf and Cubs and have a party

Guest Chen Zhen

just about any and every finale choreographed by Sammo Hung during the 80s and early 90s gets my vote.

Buddhist Fist has one of the best endfights ever

Guest The Amazing Psychoper

8 diagram pole fighter's got to be one of them!

Defanging the wolf!!!!

Hard to pick... There are so many movies with great fight

finales...

Police story comes to mind..

Legendary weapons of China

Ninja in the dragon's den

Drunken Master 2

Dragons forever

Odd couple

Tiger Cage 2

I got to agree on Buddhist fist, it doesn't get better than this

So many more but got to stop somwhere...

Sory but I just don't get what you guys like in Fist of the white lotus! Lau kar leung crafted so many great tight and fast fight sequences but for the year it was release this movie has very ordinary non imperessive fights...

Guest sevenhooks

Sorry, but I have to put the final fight in Fists of the White Lotus up there.

Certainly it's among LKL's best finales.

Fast, furious and ingenious.

There's also more of an emotional investment/impact due to the fact that it's the 3rd time Gordon Liu tries to kill Lo Lieh.

Guest The Amazing Psychoper

I still don't get it...:P

Maybe I should give it another try... I had high expectations when I wathed it the first time.

Guest Liu chung liang

the finale in Knockabout wasn't all that great. when beardy dead.... i felt kinda sad. :b :lol

but the film is pretty much yuen biao's lead, and thats cool too. i mean he always been in the shadows of sammo and even beardy.... so i was happy to see him as the star.

also isn't that old school? we are on the modern flicks here.

hmmmmm greatest finale? ....in a modern MA film.

DM2

FOL

SK

RH2..... :lol

OB

Guest Chen Zhen

^^are u kidding? the finale to Knockabout is one of Sammo's greatest accomplishments if u ask me...theres so much subtle genius in it...such as Lau Kar Wing's pipe-snake style. haha to each his own..i agree about beardy tho, that bothered me..:b

as for yuen biao, he wasnt so much in sammos shadow...biao never wanted to be a "star". he liked being a stuntman and working behind the scenes on the choreography..apparently sammo had to "beg" yuen to take the lead.

Actually, I find both finals(FotWL and EfS) to be the weakest fights in those movies. Certainly the weakest of both movies' 3 meetings. You'll notice both movies resorted to some playfulness/sillyness as opposed to being all out anger/revenge based. I find both prior meetings(FotWL) to be off the charts, while the finale was what it was.

I give LKL incredible credit for coming up with something new for each fight.(1st hard tiger, 2nd inclusion of HYH's soft style, 3rd accupuncture)

Guest Liu chung liang

at least the finale in Knockabout is better than Dreadnaught, but it's not the greatest.

oh LKW's snake fist with the pipe... that I notice the first time I saw it. very creative because we see people do snake a lot already, and they needed to show it differently so we see something new. it was smart of him to put the pipe to good use, because it made the stances look great.

well I didn't like the final fight that much..... it was nice to see biao and sammo do monkey, but i found it annoying lol. they were like smelling eachotherz asses ew argh :x :lol .

man you ever think maybe it would had been better if beardy lived?.... and we see LKY YB SH take on LKW. but that might had been too much. choreography might of taken longer to do. i accepted beardy's death for biao in dreadnaught because he didn't have a beard haha, but for knockabout. come on now, he could had escape, and you know it! lol. the way he died, it was obvious they just wanted to kill him off so they can get that avenging thing going.

biao never wanted to be a "star". he liked being a stuntman and working behind the scenes on the choreography..apparently sammo had to "beg" yuen to take the lead.

ohhhhhhh yeah I forgot. Bey Logan talks too fast. :rollin

Guest Chen Zhen

i see what u mean, but if beardy didnt die in knockabout, it wouldve defeated all motivation for biao to kill lau kar wing's character. i was upset that they killed him off, but it was necessary. a 3 on 1 fight wouldve been more unconvincing i think. i REALLY hated when beardy died in dreadnaught, that pissed me off a lot! he just got thru beating yuen shun yi as a double fighter (great yuen clan moment there!), and yuen shun yi just comes back and gets him..

y does beardy always unfairly get killed off...the cream of the crop was when he got killed in Warriors Two...i was actually upset about that!

Guest morgoth

My favorite fight filled finale would have to be Return of Master Killer. First he goes up against the Korean superkicker, then has to wrap some guys up with bambooo, then he fights Kwan Yeong Mun again, then fights about 10 guys who carry these sweet tea benches, then fights Kong Do, and the finale with Lung Fei isn't too bad either.:P

Guest Chinatown Kid

I think the finale fight in The Lama Avenger was pretty damned good. It begins with Chien Yuet Sun and Michael Winston taking on Lee Hoi Sang but Winston gets beat down pretty quick. Luckily Ho Chung Tao(Bruce Li) steps in shortly after to help Chien finish the battle against Lee Hoi Sang. A fast paced fight that I always enjoy watching!

Guest Johnnie freeze

I like the end fights in..

The Big Boss

Fist Of Legend

Treasure Hunters

Boxer From Shantung

Thundering Mantis

Fist Of The White Lotus

The Buddhist Fist

Legend Of A Fighter

Sixty Second Assassin

as far as finale fights...I dont see it getting better than these 8o

Guest morgoth

I can think of a few more that are better. While Return of MK I would consider the best, close behind are Yen Shi Kwan and Tung Wai from Killer Wears White, Hoi Meng and Hwang Lee in Buddha Assassinator(collest KF style EVER), and I can't leave out 'The Sword'.

Guest monk sante

The Victim has one of the best if not the best final fight scenes regarding independent kung fu flicks IMO.

Others:

Fist of the white lotus

The best of the venoms films

Death duel of kung fu

Police Story

Crystal Fist

Fearless Young Boxer

Knockabout

And many more........:smokin

Guest morgoth

True, Wilson Tong, Chang Yi, and Leung Ka-Yan have never looked better.

Another Hwang Lee classic was Demon Strike. I love finales that cause seizures.

Guest JAZZYMONKEY

MY FAVORITE ONES ARE-SUPER POWER-THE END FIGHT WHERE BILLY PLAYED SCARED TO CONFUSE KANG SI MIN WAS NICE. MAD MONKEY KUNG FU-TO SEE HSIAO HOU AND LIU CHIA-LIANG TEAMUP AGANIST THE VILLANOUS MONKEY-STYLIST LO LIEH WAS INCREDIBLE!!!

THE MAGNIFICENT RUFFIANS A.K.A. THE DESTROYERS-THE END FIGHT SCENE WITH KUO CHUI,CHIANG SHENG AND LU FENG WAS STUNNING!!! WAY OF THE DRAGON-BRUCE LEE VS CHUCK NORRIS-NUFF SAID!!!!

HERE ARE A FEW OTHER OF MY CHOICES:

:TIGER OVER WALL

:D AGGERS 8

:MY YOUNG AUNTIE

:5 SUPERFIGHTERS

:LADY IS THE BOSS

:2 ON THE ROAD

:ONCE UPON A TIME IN CHINA PT2

:CRIPPLED AVENGERS

:MONKEY KUNG FU(STROKE OF DEATH)

Archived