Heads for Sale (1970)

Iron_Leopard

Iron_Leopard

Is this worth a rent on Prime? I'm in the mood to watch a lesser known Shaws Martial arts film.

• Like 2

ShawAngela
2 hours ago, Iron_Leopard said:

Is this worth a rent on Prime? I'm in the mood to watch a lesser known Shaws Martial arts film.

In my opinion, it's very good, but it's well known that I'm a great fan of Chiao Chiao and a bigger fan of Shaws...😁🤣

• Like 3

Iron_Leopard
11 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

In my opinion, it's very good, but it's well known that I'm a great fan of Chiao Chiao and a bigger fan of Shaws...😁🤣

I wonder why she didnt have a bigger career at Shaws? Or at least on the level of a Li Ching and Shih Szu.

• Like 2

ShawAngela
2 hours ago, Iron_Leopard said:

I wonder why she didnt have a bigger career at Shaws? Or at least on the level of a Li Ching and Shih Szu.

I also wonder why. It seems that she appeared in much more old school Kung fu movies than in Shaws, and that she was more cast as the leading female fighter in these movies than at Shaws. If I'm not mistaken, she was the leading female fighter in only Heads for sale, The eunuch and The black butterfly at Shaws, unless there are other ones that I forgot. She had also a good role in A cause to kill and Dark rendezvous, but these weren't fighting roles.

• Like 3

TibetanWhiteCrane

Love Chiao Chiao, but was never the biggest fan of Heads for Sale. Might need a revisit though. She was only at Shaws for about 5 years but I think she made her mark there nonetheless. Prefer her later dramatic performances throughout the 80's and 90's almost always playing "the mom", but doing it well and stuff like the scarred hitman contracter in The Coolie Killer, the mother in Why Me? and the mother who's set on fire (a crazy fire stunt done partially by LCC herself) in Dragon Family etc. A lot of respct for her.

• Like 3

FightingFool

It`s well worth renting. Unlikely it happens but if br is released would upgrade ivl dvd on a mouseclick..

bOo9ejy.png

• Like 3

Iron_Leopard
On 7/1/2021 at 12:43 PM, ShawAngela said:

16 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Love Chiao Chiao, but was never the biggest fan of Heads for Sale. Might need a revisit though. She was only at Shaws for about 5 years but I think she made her mark there nonetheless. Prefer her later dramatic performances throughout the 80's and 90's almost always playing "the mom", but doing it well and stuff like the scarred hitman contracter in The Coolie Killer, the mother in Why Me? and the mother who's set on fire (a crazy fire stunt done partially by LCC herself) in Dragon Family etc. A lot of respct for her.

13 hours ago, FightingFool said:

It`s well worth renting. Unlikely it happens but if br is released would upgrade ivl dvd on a mouseclick..

bOo9ejy.png

OH MY GOD! I LOVED this movie. This and "Valley of the Fangs" are two of my new favorites. 

Why isnt this Director on the Mt Roushmore of Shaws Directors?

• Like 5