The Arrow Films Blu-ray Thread

Drunken Monk

Arrow has updated their release day. It’ll be released in the UK on December 20th and in the US on December 28th.

8433F5AD-BD46-41DF-8C63-B07D1629536F.jpeg

Edited by Drunken Monk
  • Like 4

OpiumKungFuCracker

Hey Guys!! Their streaming service just put out some Shaw Brothers just in time for the boxset release!! Sweet!! Been meaning to see a king boxer, from the trailer I saw is Lo Lieh a good guy in this? I prefer him to be a villain, also his moves looks so slow make jimmy wang yu look like Donnie Yen in prime :Ayociexp119:

8AB31F71-A5FA-47E7-96C8-9C73E0428C20.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Hey Guys!! Their streaming service just put out some Shaw Brothers just in time for the boxset release!! Sweet!! Been meaning to see a king boxer, from the trailer I saw is Lo Lieh a good guy in this? I prefer him to be a villain, also his moves looks so slow make jimmy wang yu look like Donnie Yen in prime :Ayociexp119:

8AB31F71-A5FA-47E7-96C8-9C73E0428C20.jpeg

Lo Lieh plays a good guy in King Boxer, yes.

That's good news for the release date, a good Christmas is coming !!

• Like 3

OpiumKungFuCracker
7 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Lo Lieh plays a good guy in King Boxer, yes.

That's good news for the release date, a good Christmas is coming !!

same! I’m excited to get my boxset as well. I bought mines from Zaavi, depending on how fast the shipping here is I might watch all the movies on the streaming service before it gets delivered 

• Like 2

• Administrator
6 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Dude, this movie is a classic! Yes, Lo is the hero, and you've got to see it.

• Like 7

OpiumKungFuCracker

So people already got their boxset? I just got an email from Zaavi saying it’s being delayed again. In the U.S of course. 

• Like 1

On 12/12/2021 at 11:57 AM, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

So people already got their boxset? I just got an email from Zaavi saying it’s being delayed again. In the U.S of course. 

Did the say its been delayed past the 28th date? If not, that's the delay date Arrow already set themselves.

• Like 3

Sorry for the double post, but am I the only one to get a shipping email from DiabolikDVD? Sounds a bit early for the 28th release date here in the USA, but I'm happy to see it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lilmanjs said:

Sorry for the double post, but am I the only one to get a shipping email from DiabolikDVD? Sounds a bit early for the 28th release date here in the USA, but I'm happy to see it.

You're not the only one. I got my shipping notification this morning from Diabolik.

• Like 3

OpiumKungFuCracker

Crap, I knew I shouldn't order from Zavvi, lol. I love diabolik, yeah they ship their items pretty fast and sometimes like others have posted here, even before the release date. 

• Like 2

I received my shipping notice from  zavvi yesterday, but they say that the package should arrive around the 4th of January !

I hope that it will arrive earlier, as it already happened in the past.

• Like 1

Anyone who got the dispatch email order direct from Arrow? I’ve had nothing and I’m one of the orders they had to transfer with the website mess up. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, clanarchy said:

Anyone who got the dispatch email order direct from Arrow? I’ve had nothing and I’m one of the orders they had to transfer with the website mess up. 

Same here, mine arrived today with no despatch email.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Same here, mine arrived today with no despatch email.

There’s still hope for a movie marathon this weekend then. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Graysman said:

8024CD85-EE41-4726-90A2-0120B709A520.jpeg

Is there a reason why they didnt choose a better looking coverart for the big box? 

How do the physical movies look like? Do they have separate packages?

• Like 4

Chu Liu Hsiang
2 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

I received my shipping notice from  zavvi yesterday, but they say that the package should arrive around the 4th of January !

I hope that it will arrive earlier, as it already happened in the past.

Same here, I wish us luck 😁

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

I am not jealous to you guys who got it/got shipping notice(or maybe little bit). At least relief item does exists. But still kinda sucks for some who pre-ordered it 1st day still not shipped...it is not good policy by arrow and at least not encourage to pre-order from them again

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, FightingFool said:

I am not jealous to you guys who got it/got shipping notice(or maybe little bit). At least relief item does exists. But still kinda sucks for some who pre-ordered it 1st day still not shipped...it is not good policy by arrow and at least not encourage to pre-order from them again

They never gave shipping notice to me either so yours may well be on its way to you now hopefully 

• Like 1

I’ve heard a few people say there are some glaring mistakes in the accompany book as well as on the Five Deadly Venoms commentary. At one point, it’s said that Executioners from Shaolin was released as Master Killer in the States. It also mentions that Lau Kar Leung worked on Shaolin Temple.

This is just what I’ve heard. I haven’t received by set yet.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Graysman said:

They never gave shipping notice to me either so yours may well be on its way to you now hopefully 

May be but that is not good enough. Without tracking# I cannot fill advance vat and may take 2-3 weeks before actually get item..I do not blame it fully on arrow..but kinda frustrating to notice brick and mortar store over here could get it maybe beginning of next week... Tho I pre-order so few things did forget brick and mortar stores often get new stuff often very early..

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I’ve heard a few people say there are some glaring mistakes in the accompany book as well as on the Five Deadly Venoms commentary. At one point, it’s said that Executioners from Shaolin was released as Master Killer in the States. It also mentions that Lau Kar Leung worked on Shaolin Temple.

This is just what I’ve heard. I haven’t received by set yet.

I've not received my set to check the book yet, but can confirm the commentary track is riddled with errors, all the ones you mention are sadly accurate, as well as indicating Wei Pai starred in Disciples of the 36th Chamber, and that that movie also appears on the boxset itself ( nope and nope), that Shaw Bros 'folded' in the early 80's, that Executioners of Shaolin is a Venom Mob movie and on and on.

The track also appears to borrow heavily from the old Senses of Cinema article on Chang Cheh and leans HARD into sexual and gender political and critical studies. I found it a chore at best, borderline disrespectful at worst.

I wish we could have had Tony Rayns, Frank Djeng or Arne and Big Mike Leeder on commentary duties instead.

Hang onto your old Dragon Dynasty DVD's and Bluray's for the commentary track on it, as it's a much better companion to the movie that the one on this set.

It's a shame really, the film deserved way better and the overall quality of the extras on the boxset is extremely high,

The commentary track by forum member @teako170 on the Chinatown Kid is absolutely fantastic.

As are all the video extra provided by Frederic Ambroisine.

The Venoms commentary is the only real let down.

Very curious to see the book.

• Like 7