The Arrow Films Blu-ray Thread

Drunken Monk

HeavenSword
1 hour ago, Grand Wazoo said:

Packaging aside, any difference between this and the Eureka disc?

Pretty much the same aside from packaging and being Region A 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Grand Wazoo said:

Packaging aside, any difference between this and the Eureka disc?

Better subtitles, inclusion of the Mandarin mono track (if that's your thing). Otherwise, identical to Eureka in terms of overall picture and audio quality.

Edited by DiP
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, DiP said:

Better subtitles, inclusion of the Mandarin mono track (if that's your thing). Otherwise, identical to Eureka in terms of overall picture and audio quality.

what about the alternate English credits?

• Like 2

I have mixed feelings about this Joe Kim artwork. Some of this stuff look ok but others look really bland and generic.

On 6/29/2023 at 4:00 PM, nahnahnah said:

52270_5_the_prodigal_son_exploded_packsh

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

● 2K restorations from the original elements by Fortune Star of both the original HK “Theatrical Release Presentation” and the “Home Release Presentation”
● High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentation
● Original lossless Cantonese, Mandarin, and English mono options
● Optional English subtitles
● Commentary by martial arts cinema expert Frank Djeng & actor Bobby Samuels
● Commentary by action cinema experts Mike Leeder & Arne Venema
● Wing Chun 101, an interview with Wing Chun sifu Alex Richter
● Life Imitating Art, archival featurette featuring interviews with Wing Chun instructor and producer Guy Lai talking about the art, illustrated via demonstrations by Sifu Austin Goh and Jude Poyer
● The Heroic Trio, archival featurette featuring interviews with director Sammo Hung and stars Yuen Biao and Frankie Chan looking back on the making of the film
● Original theatrical trailers
● Double-sided fold-out poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Joe Kim
● Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Joe Kim
● Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing by Peter Glagowski

The artwork is Meh...... Where is Kung Fu Bob when you need Him? LOL!!!!! I am happy we are getting a US release at least.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Graysman said:

Just watched The Big Boss Grindhouse version and I got to say that the prostitute & cracker footage was epic made a huge difference to the final scenes.

i believe the grindhouse version is missing a few seconds of footage from the hybrid version

• Like 3

I'm going though my backlog and opened The Executioner Collection. Inside the box was a postcard for The Boxer's Omen.

Has this been released as a standalone version or just on the Shawscope boxsets?

I can't find it anywhere.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

17 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

I'm going though my backlog and opened The Executioner Collection. Inside the box was a postcard for The Boxer's Omen.

Has this been released as a standalone version or just on the Shawscope boxsets?

I can't find it anywhere.

Shawscope Vol 2

• Like 2

Killer Meteor
5 minutes ago, nahnahnah said:

James Flower has confirmed that a Shawscope Vol. 3 set will be released next year.

I keep saying this, but I really want them to do a bells-and-whistles release of BRUCE LEE AND I.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
15 minutes ago, Killer Meteor said:

I keep saying this, but I really want them to do a bells-and-whistles release of BRUCE LEE AND I.

I've never seen that before. I'm guessing it's good?

Edited by PandaPawPaw

ChillyChong
1 hour ago, PandaPawPaw said:

It's garbage imo. It`s been years since saw it only time but recall it was movie about Betty tei ping more than Bruce and just few action scenes and they were not good ones.  I sure would watch it again if in SS3 but hope it will not appear there.

Edited by ChillyChong
  • Like 2

Killer Meteor
2 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

No...but it is interesting.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
10 minutes ago, Killer Meteor said:

No...but it is interesting.

That looks OK..............

I can't stand Ting Pei though.

I found it on Dailymotion so will give a watch. Thanks.

Killer Meteor
Just now, PandaPawPaw said:

That looks OK..............

I can't stand Ting Pei though.

I found it on Dailymotion so will give a watch. Thanks.

I never got what Bruce saw in her. When you're surrounded by Nora Miao, Maria Yi, Angela Mao and Betty Chung, you're spoiled for choice!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Bruce Lee smoking weed and bouncing on a trampoline with a giant picture of himself of WOTD in there..... 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

PandaPawPaw
7 minutes ago, Killer Meteor said:

I never got what Bruce saw in her. When you're surrounded by Nora Miao, Maria Yi, Angela Mao and Betty Chung, you're spoiled for choice!

amen-dance.gif

1 minute ago, Ah_Tao said:

Bruce Lee smoking weed and bouncing on a trampoline with a giant picture of himself of WOTD in there..... 🤣

Definitely watching it now! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Whether it's Arrow or anyone else, I'd love to see someone release that one. Imagine if Severin got it for that box set -- it'd really illustrate the range of Bruceploitation as a phenomenon.

• Like 1

A listing has been found for an individual release of Sammo Hung's The Iron Fisted Monk coming in October.

Extras:

2K restoration from original film elements by Fortune Star
High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentation of the original uncensored version
Original lossless Cantonese and Mandarin mono audio, plus lossless English dub mono option
Two choices of English dubbed audio: the original export dub mono (first time ever in the US) and the newer 5.1 dub created for international DVD presentations
Optional English subtitles
Audio commentary by martial arts cinema expert Frank Djeng
Two archival interviews with Sammo Hung
Archival interview with Casanova Wong
Original theatrical trailer
Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gary Mills
Double-sided fold-out poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gary Mills
Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing by Brandon Bentley

Edited by nahnahnah
  • Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

1 hour ago, nahnahnah said:

A listing has been found for an individual release of Sammo Hung's The Iron Fisted Monk coming in October.

Arrow will finally release the uncut version of the movie most people want. No more in-zoomed rape-scenes, and blurred titties like in Eureka's release. :coveredlaugh

Drunken Monk
52 minutes ago, ironfistedmonk said:

This Iron Fisted Monk film any good?  :ph34r:

It's awful. Definitely the last film you'd want to name yourself after on social media. :wink

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Receive my copy today of Bruce Lee at Golden Harvest ( the one from Amazon UK). Real fast, ordered on Saturday came today to germany. Cardboard had no scratches or was bounced. What can i say this box is amazing in any way. The 4k Discs are stunning. Never thought i would see the movies again as i did as a teenager in the early 80's in the cinema. I only did checked the discs and will go one by one in the next days. But what i saw first complete was the 1 hour documentation with Wiliam Cheung about his frienship with Bruce science childhood. Very good one and there is much information about how it came that Bruce went into so much gangfights as a teenager. And most important for me how he came to Wing Chun. Think it needs two days nonstop watching alone to see all the extras on the discs.... Never expect such a good boxset !!!!  Best release of the year not only for lover of martial arts movies. This one is for any kind of movie collector !!! 10/10 ultra highly recommended !!!

Edited by kuenfist
  • Like 4