The Arrow Films Blu-ray Thread

Drunken Monk

Interesting that I've gotten a shipping email from Arrow for my copy. I guess they're just not gonna wait for the street date for the US release? Supposed to arrive Saturday, Monday or Tuesday.

• Like 1

For those of you who either cant wait for the box set to reach them or are struggling to get the funds for the box set and are eager to see the films included, they have all now been added to the arrow video streaming app.

• Like 2

W6yCzvc_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

TWO-DISC LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
- New 2K restorations by Fortune Star
- Four different versions of the film, including a recently-assembled ‘hybrid’ edit
- Double-sided fold-out poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sam Gilbey
- Illustrated collectors' booklet featuring new writing on the film by Jonathan Clements and David West
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and new artwork by Sam Gilbey

DISC ONE

- High Definition (1080p) presentations of the original Hong Kong Theatrical Cut and the Extended “International” Cut
- Original lossless Cantonese mono audio on both cuts, plus English mono audio for the Extended Cut
- Optional English subtitles for both versions
- Commentary on the Theatrical Cut by Frank Djeng
- Commentary on the Extended Cut by Mike Leeder & Arne Venema
- Select scene commentary by star Cynthia Rothrock, moderated by Frank Djeng
- Three video interviews with Cynthia Rothrock
- A New Frontier and Express Delivery, two archive interviews with Sammo Hung
- Way Out West, an archive interview with Yuen Biao
- On the Cutting Edge, an archive interview with star Yukari Oshima
- Alternate English opening and closing credits
- Trailer gallery

DISC TWO (LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE)
- High Definition (1080p) presentations of the English Export Cut and the recent Hybrid Cut (combining footage from the Theatrical and Extended Cuts for the longest possible version)
- Original lossless English audio for the Export Cut, and lossless Cantonese mono for the Hybrid Cut
- Optional English subtitles for the Hybrid Cut

• Like 6

5 hours ago, nahnahnah said:

W6yCzvc_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

TWO-DISC LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
- New 2K restorations by Fortune Star
- Four different versions of the film, including a recently-assembled ‘hybrid’ edit
- Double-sided fold-out poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sam Gilbey
- Illustrated collectors' booklet featuring new writing on the film by Jonathan Clements and David West
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and new artwork by Sam Gilbey

DISC ONE

- High Definition (1080p) presentations of the original Hong Kong Theatrical Cut and the Extended “International” Cut
- Original lossless Cantonese mono audio on both cuts, plus English mono audio for the Extended Cut
- Optional English subtitles for both versions
- Commentary on the Theatrical Cut by Frank Djeng
- Commentary on the Extended Cut by Mike Leeder & Arne Venema
- Select scene commentary by star Cynthia Rothrock, moderated by Frank Djeng
- Three video interviews with Cynthia Rothrock
- A New Frontier and Express Delivery, two archive interviews with Sammo Hung
- Way Out West, an archive interview with Yuen Biao
- On the Cutting Edge, an archive interview with star Yukari Oshima
- Alternate English opening and closing credits
- Trailer gallery

DISC TWO (LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE)
- High Definition (1080p) presentations of the English Export Cut and the recent Hybrid Cut (combining footage from the Theatrical and Extended Cuts for the longest possible version)
- Original lossless English audio for the Export Cut, and lossless Cantonese mono for the Hybrid Cut
- Optional English subtitles for the Hybrid Cut

Do you have a direct link because there's nothing on Arrows website about it when I used search.

2 hours ago, JCLegend86 said:

Thank god theres no new extras so Im more than happy with Eurekas

I didn't know that or I probably just bypassed it because I prefer period kung fu flicks with Sammo. But I just looked on HKMDB just to see who else stars in this and Jesus, its like the Chinese version of Expendables. There's a whole trove of well known stars. Just got to see Hwang Jang Lee in another role. Probably wouldn't recognise him without his wicked haircut from Hell'z windstaff.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

Do you have a direct link because there's nothing on Arrows website about it when I used search.

It's on Arrow US only. Also there a two different covers:

https://www.arrowvideo.com/blu-ray/millionaires-express-limited-edition/14197965.html

https://www.arrowvideo.com/blu-ray/millionaires-express-arrow-store-exclusive-o-card-limited-edition/14197966.html

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, lastninja said:

Oh right. Probably why then. I figured Arrow was Arrow, no matter which side of the pond you're on. Seeing as Arrow started in Blighty in 1991, you'd think we have priority with America trailing behind us.

Nearly £40 quid! You're having a laugh. Thought blu's were quite cheap these days. No way am I paying £40 quid!. 

Screenshot_20221125-181934_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, dwk said:

It looks like instead of doing a US$ to GBP£ conversion they just replaced the $ with a £.

Oh right. Still with postage it would cost that much anyway. It's not released till next year anyway so maybe Arrow Blighty will release it over here.

15 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

Oh right. Still with postage it would cost that much anyway. It's not released till next year anyway so maybe Arrow Blighty will release it over here.

Eureka has the UK rights and have already released the same disc in the UK, it's just the cover art that is different as far as I can see.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, drees5761 said:

Eureka has the UK rights and have already released the same disc in the UK, it's just the cover art that is different as far as I can see.

Yes mate. Already saw the cover art. I somewhat dislike the later Chinese movies with Western actors. I'm more of a period style setting person. On the other hand I didn't know there was a weath of stars in this movie. Bolo Yeung and Hwang Jang Lee are two stars that I wouldn't have imagined.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, StarDestroyer52 said:

My Shawscope Vol 2 set arrived today. Can't wait to dig into it.

20221125_152422.jpg

I received mine yesterday. I already took a look at the booklet and read all the trivias.

• Like 2

OpiumKungFuCracker
On 11/16/2022 at 11:58 AM, Graysman said:

Just received my Shawscope volume 2 box set and switched it to regional A watched the Mad monkey kung fu scene where the guy swings the monkey around and smashes it against a tree blood everywhere totally sickening tbh but it’s there if anyone wants to know and I’m from the UK

A real monkey? What is this cannibal holocaust? 

• Haha 1

OpiumKungFuCracker
On 11/25/2022 at 3:11 PM, StarDestroyer52 said:

My Shawscope Vol 2 set arrived today. Can't wait to dig into it.

20221125_152422.jpg

I’ll be honest, orange >blue. 

• Like 3

OpiumKungFuCracker

I really wanted to get volume 2 but vinegar syndrome and stupid criterion half off sale at Barnes and nobles got me in my pockets again.  

23 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

A real monkey? What is this cannibal holocaust? 

No, Cannibal Holocaust also a coati, a turtle, a tarantula, a boa constrictor and a pig killed on screen in addition to the monkey. Bad joke I know.

Now I'm against animal cruelty as much as the next person, but Cannibal Holocaust is an AMAZING film. And the director said later he regrets the animal cruelty.

• Like 2

I'm definitely interested in Millionaire's Express as the Dragon Dynasty DVD release (as Shanghai Express) is very expensive depending on where you're looking. 

• Like 2

A bit late to the party, but I just ordered ShawScope Vol. 1 as it was on Sale for £72.
I guess I will have to wait a bit longer for Vol. 2.

• Like 1