The Arrow Films Blu-ray Thread

Drunken Monk

7 hours ago, Graysman said:

yes most definitely

Or maybe Not. GrindhouseMike said arrow did not tell him to delay shipping till November so mistake was on arrow side. I bet tho some are frustrated knowing now sets are ready but not available to purchase(grindhouse won`t ship them anymore atm) and have to wait and end of year usually brings some more ways to burn funds(xmas)..

I guess I get this on halloween sale 2023. Having all on dvd except barefooted kid(and few on br) not really in hurry for this+movie line up is not that stellar unlike in#1 so no hurry for this. Extra materials tho look more interesting than in 1st, particularly The Beauties of the Shaw Studios and Citizen Shaw.

Edited by ChillyChong
  • Like 2

Chemical Lemon

Today I feel like I won the lottery. 

Thanks @panzer for the heads up about the early shipping.

going straight for disc 7 tonight and then back to disc 5 right after

AB4EBC09-5DC8-4259-B9AD-12CF00ED1B45.jpeg

Edited by Chemical Lemon
  • Like 9
  • Buddha Bless You 1

On 9/27/2022 at 8:36 AM, HeavenSword said:

Looks like it . Yesterday I canceled from Arrow and ordered from Grindhouse and the site had “shipping now “ available. Today I checked and now it’s changed to just preorder . 

Same :crying

23 minutes ago, Chemical Lemon said:

Today I feel like I won the lottery. 

Lucky!! :xd:

Edited by BigDruDogg
  • Like 3

Pure speculation, but B&N has had a 50% off Arrow titles sale in November (alongside the 50% off Criterion sale)  for the last couple of years and the delay puts the release out right after said sale would end. So it appears they don't want this as part of that sale.

Edited by dwk
  • Like 2

I got my set in from Grindhouse yesterday, which just happened to be my 21st birthday, so i consider it my present to myself this year. Can't wait to dig into it after I finish Vol 1

• Like 6
  • Buddha Bless You 1

8 hours ago, dwk said:

Pure speculation, but B&N has had a 50% off Arrow titles sale in November (alongside the 50% off Criterion sale)  for the last couple of years and the delay puts the release out right after said sale would end. So it appears they don't want this as part of that sale.

Unfortunately B&N doesn't ship overseas.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, De Ming Li said:

Unfortunately B&N doesn't ship overseas.

I know, but I was pointing out a possible reason for the finished product getting delayed two weeks in the US.  Arrow doesn't want it on sale for half off during its release week.

• Like 2

As I did last year for Shawscope Volume One, I'm doing reviews once again for Volume Two, both in the pages of Eastern Heroes magazine and in more detail via individual video reviews for each disc ( the first two discs I reviewed together as those two make up the 36th Chamber Of Shaolin Trilogy of Movies) I can't imagine anyone on here isn't already pretty intimately familiar with the movies themselves, but for anyone curious about the special features or transfers, I hope these videos will  still prove useful.

The First video in the series is up on my Youtube channel already.

• Like 9

Be surprised if that surfaces this year- 50 years since his death next year, may release then. I'm sure Warner will release ETD on 4k 50th anniversary UHD .

Edited by saltysam
  • Like 4

On 9/30/2022 at 5:37 PM, LiuYiLong said:

As I did last year for Shawscope Volume One, I'm doing reviews once again for Volume Two, both in the pages of Eastern Heroes magazine and in more detail via individual video reviews for each disc ( the first two discs I reviewed together as those two make up the 36th Chamber Of Shaolin Trilogy of Movies) I can't imagine anyone on here isn't already pretty intimately familiar with the movies themselves, but for anyone curious about the special features or transfers, I hope these videos will  still prove useful.

The First video in the series is up on my Youtube channel already.

This young mans Youtube page is amazing!!!!! Unbelievable content as always mate!!!!!! 

• Like 2

I wish there would be digital download code for commentary tracks. Would rather listen them from phone when at bus, train etc than at home, only comment track have listened while watched movie was in Sacred knives of vengeance. That is because Tvp disc otherwise is not english friendly release.

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

21 hours ago, MobFu1972 said:

This young mans Youtube page is amazing!!!!! Unbelievable content as always mate!!!!!! 

Thank you!! Lots more to come soon!

Currently in the process of recording Audio commentary tracks for the Shaw's movies that 88 Films and Arrow didn't include ones for on their releases :)

• Like 6
  • Buddha Bless You 1

On 9/30/2022 at 8:02 PM, Drunken Monk said:

It's not martial arts related but I thought some people might be interested in this...

Untitled.png

Yes. I'm eager to get this set as my ju-on DVD is the Korean version and the Ju-on white/black ghost is Chinese. 

• Like 2

Just a heads up, Barnes and Noble is doing a 50% off Arrow Deal for the next couple weeks starting now (I believe US only) Also Amazon is matching the prices to my knowledge!!

Edited by BigDruDogg
  • Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

pbIxmOn.jpeg

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Original uncompressed Japanese mono audio for both films
- Original uncompressed English mono audio track for The Executioner
- Optional English subtitles
- Brand new audio commentary by Chris Poggiali and Marc Walkow
- Sonny Chiba, Karate King, a 30-minute featurette on the legendary Sonny Chiba, featuring Grady Hendrix, Tom Mes, Chris Poggiali, Marco Joachim and Seiji Anno, from the band Guitar Wolf
- Original trailers
- Image galleries for The Executioner and The Executioner II: Karate Inferno
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Lucas Peverill

FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector's booklet featuring new writing on the films by by Mark Schilling

• Like 9

Related to arrow, has anyone else seen the arrow player app? They have all of the shawscope titles on there plus 8 diagram pole fighters and the king hu films that were recently released on blu as well as a great selection of the cult horror, giallo etc theyve released on blu. Its like someone cracked open my head and looked to see what streaming service i would be into. Theres a 30 day free trial and i know for a fact ill be keeping my subscription. 

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

5 hours ago, nahnahnah said:

pbIxmOn.jpeg

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Original uncompressed Japanese mono audio for both films
- Original uncompressed English mono audio track for The Executioner
- Optional English subtitles
- Brand new audio commentary by Chris Poggiali and Marc Walkow
- Sonny Chiba, Karate King, a 30-minute featurette on the legendary Sonny Chiba, featuring Grady Hendrix, Tom Mes, Chris Poggiali, Marco Joachim and Seiji Anno, from the band Guitar Wolf
- Original trailers
- Image galleries for The Executioner and The Executioner II: Karate Inferno
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Lucas Peverill

FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector's booklet featuring new writing on the films by by Mark Schilling

Awesome announcement!!!! It would be amazing if they got a Kurata interview or a tribute to him as well!!!!! These boutique labels are on Fire 🔥 🔥 🔥!!!!! 2023 is shaping up nicely so far🥋🥋🥋

• Like 3