The Arrow Films Blu-ray Thread

Drunken Monk

https://www.diabolikdvd.com/product/shawscope-volume-one-arrow-us-limited-edition-blu-ray/

Small Arrow sale over at Diabolik. Shawscope Volume One now available for just $72.99. One Armed Boxer, Come Drink with Me, and 8 Diagram Pole fighter are discounted as well at just $17.99. If you were ever waiting to get any of these, now's the time.

Edited by panzer
  • Like 5

Have watched the first 2 discs of the Shawscope Volume 2 and the quality is excellent, especially on the 36th Chamber of Shaolin.     I did reviews of the first 2 discs at my website asianactioncinema.co.uk and all i can say is that fans will be very pleased. Extras are great and the Citizen Shaw doc fabulous.

https://asianactioncinema.co.uk/shawscope-volume-2-blu-ray-box-set-the-36th-chamber-of-shaolin-review-disc-1

https://asianactioncinema.co.uk/shawscope-volume-2-disc-2-blu-ray-review

Edited by KUNG FU BOB
I added links to your reviews- Kung Fu Bob
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, panzer said:

Just got a shipping notification from Grindhouse Video for Shawscope 2! I was expecting to get it a bit earlier, but definitely not 2 months in advance.

https://grindhousevideo.com/products/shawscope-volume-2-limited-edition-blu-ray-cd 

Website currently has it as in stock and shipping as well.

Already shipping? How is that possible with a November release date? Checked my order from Arrow and it had changed to awaiting stock pick from the pre-ordered status.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'll wait until it's 89$ at Barnes & Noble like volume one. 

Shit, even a can of soup costs 4$ these days. WTF.

I want it now though. (I WANT IT NOW, DADDY!)

WW 2.png

Edited by AlexanderFu
  • Haha 6

Damn I just saw in a Facebook group I’m in that someone already received Volume 2 . Wtf 😳 …..and of course it’s out of stock now at Grindhouse . 

sifu iron perm
10 hours ago, AlexanderFu said:

I'll wait until it's 89$ at Barnes & Noble like volume one. 

Shit, even a can of soup costs 4$ these days. WTF.

I want it now though. (I WANT IT NOW, DADDY!)

WW 2.png

Veruca Salt was a spoilt bitch!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

How can folks recieve it when Arrow states it still for a Nov release?

On 9/24/2022 at 2:32 AM, lilmanjs said:

Already shipping? How is that possible with a November release date? Checked my order from Arrow and it had changed to awaiting stock pick from the pre-ordered status.

I am just as confused as you both! I suppose Arrow just finished extremely early and decided to just send them out now rather than wait until November. I was planning on going through this over Fall break... but I guess I'll have to find the time now :laugh

• Like 2

• Administrator
1 hour ago, clanarchy said:

I guess they really did ship the Shaw scope 2 early

Wow, lucky guy!

In the video I got to see a little peek of how the artwork I did for it was used. :nerd:

• Like 4

I'll get mine from HMV on the day of it's release, I don't mind waiting. It's nice to have something to look forward to! It would be cool if Arrow did some Shaw Brothers merchandise aswell!

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Wow, lucky guy!

In the video I got to see a little peek of how the artwork I did for it was used. :nerd:

Yeah he looked surprised as hell lol

Artwork looking nice!

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

My order from grindhouse shipped today. Can't wait to watch it! I'm actually going through Vol 1 right now, along with all of Cheh's Shaolin Cycle, including Disciples from 88 Films. Perhaps after I watch through Vol 2, I'll need to go through all my Johnnie To, with my Chameleon order getting in a few weeks ago to, and Vol 2 ending with Barefooted Kid

• Like 2

Chemical Lemon
47 minutes ago, Darth Kermit said:

My order from grindhouse shipped today. Can't wait to watch it! I'm actually going through Vol 1 right now, along with all of Cheh's Shaolin Cycle, including Disciples from 88 Films. Perhaps after I watch through Vol 2, I'll need to go through all my Johnnie To, with my Chameleon order getting in a few weeks ago to, and Vol 2 ending with Barefooted Kid

Ah mine shipped too!  I was sure I missed the window. 

• Like 2

sifu iron perm
33 minutes ago, Graysman said:

Shawscope vol:2 North American release been pushed back to December 

6248B820-BFEC-44EA-9317-8FCA1A63FC33.jpeg

Lol

So were Arrow aware that Vol 2 were shipped out already?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, sifu iron perm said:

Lol

So were Arrow aware that Vol 2 were shipped out already?

Looks like it . Yesterday I canceled from Arrow and ordered from Grindhouse and the site had “shipping now “ available. Today I checked and now it’s changed to just preorder . 

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 2

sifu iron perm
32 minutes ago, Red Lion said:

It is a strange one. Do you think that particular retailer will be in trouble for shipping early? 

Hell yeah, Arrow will give them a good telling off.

I'm curious to know how many orders did grindhouse mail out?

• Like 3

Chemical Lemon
1 hour ago, KenHashibe said:

A video store in Pasadena received their copy too:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjANu4rueSY/

Is it possible Grindhouse was shipping out an incomplete version? If Arrow is delaying it, I'm assuming they're still working on 

im guessing that they ship stuff out to the US well ahead of time and some arrived very early and some have had a major shipment disruption. The date hasn’t changed for the UK so I assume the work on the set is complete 

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1