The Arrow Films Blu-ray Thread

Drunken Monk

Shaolin Patriot
On 8/10/2022 at 9:29 AM, massa_yoda said:

What does this mean exactly?  

Seamless branching for Kid with the Golden Arm: the user has the option to jump to another alternate scene during playback.

Edited by Shaolin Patriot
  • Like 2

I'm quite pleased they went with a different color scheme on this, but even happier to hear their plans for a Vol 3 and 4. Why? Well a while back, I mentioned to Arrow that if they ever did further releases, to please seek out Chang's Tiger Boy from the HKFA. Now, will it actually happen? That I don't have an answer for, so please don't start the rumor mill going, but hopefully I have planted the seed. Fingers crossed....

• Like 8
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Chemical Lemon
12 minutes ago, teako170 said:

I'm quite pleased they went with a different color scheme on this, but even happier to hear their plans for a Vol 3 and 4. Why? Well a while back, I mentioned to Arrow that if they ever did further releases, to please seek out Chang's Tiger Boy from the HKFA. Now, will it actually happen? That I don't have an answer for, so please don't start the rumor mill going, but hopefully I have planted the seed. Fingers crossed....

That would be exciting. Do you know if they have an actual film, or a copy off of television. I think Linn Haynes had said they had a copy of the film but then I’d heard other rumors that it was just a vhs copy off of television. It would be exciting either way but I am interested in just what the HKFA has. 

• Like 2

On 8/10/2022 at 5:29 PM, massa_yoda said:

What does this mean exactly?  

I've been crusading about this anomaly on the relevant internet forums for the last twenty years or so. I've never really got to the bottom of it.

Essentially I first watched The Kid With The Golden Arm on a scabby bootleg DVD (P&S/cut/no continuity error) then on a less horrendous one (Widescreen/uncut/continuity error).

When I got the official Celestial DVD I was surprised to see the continuity error still present. Upon re-watching the scabby bootleg I deduced it may have been an original continuity error (not reels in the wrong order) that was fixed by an enthusiastic fan while making a bootleg/TV version. Pretty sure they have made this version viewable via seamless branching! :)

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

1 hour ago, Jochem said:

Where did you read it? Thanx 

James Flower said this and it's been posted in this thread. I copied the part where he talks about vol 3 & 4:

I wasn't involved with picking the titles for Volumes 1 & 2 but have been more involved with the new package we're acquiring for Volumes 3 & 4, which does indeed veer away from kung fu a lot more. 

You can find the full post on page 25. 

• Like 5

Iv seen kid with the golden arm in different vhs versions and the koch blu ray and cant say iv ever noticed a continuity error so can someone explain what the issue is with the different cuts? Thanks in advance.

• Like 3

On 9/1/2022 at 12:11 AM, Red Lion said:

Iv seen kid with the golden arm in different vhs versions and the koch blu ray and cant say iv ever noticed a continuity error so can someone explain what the issue is with the different cuts? Thanks in advance.

Memory is a little hazy but looking at this clip...

Basically at 20:47 it cuts to 23:08 and then plays until 23:30 then it cuts back to 20:47 and plays until 23:08 then cuts back to 23:30. :)

Edited by gZa
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, gZa said:

Memory is a little hazy but looking at this clip...

Basically at 20:47 it cuts to 23:08 and then plays until 23:30 then it cut backs to 20:47 and plays until 23:08 then cut back to 23:30. :)

Thanks for the info and taking the time to post this. Much appreciated.

• Like 2

No sure if this question was asked:

Was there a confirmation that Arrow is doing the Sammo Hung Films for Region A? I know the Angela Mao set is coming. I would love to see Warriors Two, Prodigal Son and Encounters of the Spooky Kind released. Heck, add all of the Golden Harvest to that list!!!! It would be amazing if they did 3-4 box sets like they are doing for the Shaws!!!!!! Bring em on Arrow 🙏!!!!!!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MobFu1972 said:

No sure if this question was asked:

Was there a confirmation that Arrow is doing the Sammo Hung Films for Region A? I know the Angela Mao set is coming. I would love to see Warriors Two, Prodigal Son and Encounters of the Spooky Kind released. Heck, add all of the Golden Harvest to that list!!!! It would be amazing if they did 3-4 box sets like they are doing for the Shaws!!!!!! Bring em on Arrow 🙏!!!!!!!

It is strongly rumored that Criterion/Janus has Eastern Condors. Since films are licensed in batches, it wouldn't surprise me if they also have some, if not all, of the other Sammo Hung films that Eureka has.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, dwk said:

It is strongly rumored that Criterion/Janus has Eastern Condors. Since films are licensed in batches, it wouldn't surprise me if they also have some, if not all, of the other Sammo Hung films that Eureka has.

Eastern Condors really deserves to get a stellar individual release

• Like 3

pressureworld
On 8/31/2022 at 12:20 PM, mantid said:

It’s confirmed that we will get a volume 3 and 4? that would be awesome maybe with some wuxia finally.

I'm hoping we can get some the Iron triangle films. I found it perplexing that they really aren't represented in the first two volumes. 

Edited by pressureworld
  • Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Shaolin Patriot
1 hour ago, pressureworld said:

I'm hoping we can get some the Iron triangle films. I found it perplexing that they really aren't represented in the first two volumes. 

I was thinking the same thing myself. I'd love to see The Duel and Vengeance as a double-feature (among others).

Edited by Shaolin Patriot
  • Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 3

7 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

I’m hoping for some Chor Yuen films in Volume 3.

I'm with you.

I'll take anything with the words clan, duel, sword, blade and bat in its title, extra vote for Intimate Confessions.

• Like 7

On 9/2/2022 at 2:56 PM, JCLegend86 said:

Eastern Condors really deserves to get a stellar individual release

I agree, one of my favorite films of all time! :)

• Like 6

On 9/7/2022 at 6:57 PM, Irongod2112 said:

I agree, one of my favorite films of all time! :)

Is there any chance Eureka will re-release Eastern Condors? I agree it really deserves an individual release rather than as part of a boxset,

• Like 2