The Arrow Films Blu-ray Thread

Drunken Monk

Super Ninja
3 minutes ago, FightingFool said:

If you have seen movie is it good in fight department?It look ok but action cut short in trailer...tho dialogue scenes are not bad at all..

Haven't seen it yet. This list is the reason why I'm looking forward to get a chance to see it: 

https://asianmoviepulse.com/2021/12/the-15-best-action-martial-arts-movies-of-2021/2/

• Like 3

Arrow have performed a new 2K restoration for Mercenaries from Hong Kong, and it will be premiering at Fantasia Fest. I'm presuming this will also be included in the Shawscope Vol 2 set.

Edited by nahnahnah
  • Like 9
  • Buddha Bless You 1

HeavenSword
1 hour ago, nahnahnah said:

Arrow have performed a new 2K restoration for Mercenaries from Hong Kong, and it will be premiering at Fantasia Fest. I'm presuming this will also be included in the Shawscope Vol 2 set.

HELL YES!!!!!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, nahnahnah said:

Presume no more.

• Like 5

Just finished reading a tweet by James Flower. Apparently ’Mercenaries from Hong Kong’ will be part of the Shawscope 2

• Like 5

AlexanderFu

Hello and happy weekend/4th of July depending on location!

I just want to ask quick advice if I want to get the Shaw volume 1.

If I get it, it will have to be the set with the 2 Audio discs. I guess I'm weird when collect things, but for this

I feel like I need the audio included set, unless I missed out on something even better - ala a limited to 1000

or similar 8 +2 set. Anyway, Amazon price is better than Arrow's site. I'd like some opinions if I should go amazon and save almost 20$ (July 18th delivery from UK).

Also - does anyone know if Eureka gives tracking when order completed online? My order of Shaolin Plot an Duel or the Death says 'completed', but no email with tracking from Royal mail. Hopefully I'll get surprised in a day or so as I waited off on watching The Shaolin Plot. 

Thanks and enjoy the 4th/July weekend!

• Like 1

AlexanderFu
On 6/30/2022 at 11:25 AM, nahnahnah said:

Very cool. The movie uses a Blue Oyster Cult song in the beginning, when Ti Lung is working out. 

I always like the version in the movie better than the B.O.C. version. It is a great riff!

Here's the song they 'borrowed' just for a bit! Great movie, very excited for this!

Edited by AlexanderFu
  • Like 2

AFAIK all versions of the set have the CDs, it’s also currently half off from Barnes and Noble (along with all other Arrow releases)

Edited by Stewart
  • Like 3

AlexanderFu
1 hour ago, Stewart said:

AFAIK all versions of the set have the CDs, it’s also currently half off from Barnes and Noble (along with all other Arrow releases)

Thanks, I did see that, but thought it was just the BR's only. It does however say special edition/w booklet, so not sure what it will be really. (I'm going 10AM tomorrow to Barnes & Noble. They are holding the 2 they have for me). I'm hoping someone that bought the BR + the two CD's can tell me if there was anything on the packaging that will tell me if the set has 2 CD's.  Even if the 10 total disc set is 130$, it's only about 10$ per movie and change for everything else. I have a UPC code for the 10 disc set, so I guess we'll see in the morning if I luck out or Amazon UK for $130 it is. 

• Like 1

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
3 hours ago, AlexanderFu said:

I just want to ask quick advice if I want to get the Shaw volume 1.

If I get it, it will have to be the set with the 2 Audio discs. I guess I'm weird when collect things, but for this

I feel like I need the audio included set, unless I missed out on something even better - ala a limited to 1000

or similar 8 +2 set. Anyway, Amazon price is better than Arrow's site. I'd like some opinions if I should go amazon and save almost 20$ (July 18th delivery from UK).

Also - does anyone know if Eureka gives tracking when order completed online? My order of Shaolin Plot an Duel or the Death says 'completed', but no email with tracking from Royal mail. Hopefully I'll get surprised in a day or so as I waited off on watching The Shaolin Plot.

3 hours ago, AlexanderFu said:

Very cool. The movie uses a Blue Oyster Cult song in the beginning, when Ti Lung is working out. 

I always like the version in the movie better than the B.O.C. version. It is a great riff!

1 hour ago, Stewart said:

I was going to say the same thing as @Stewart. I don't think Arrow have released another version besides the Limited Edition at this point. So the ones Barnes and Noble has should have the music CDs included. I was going to post a link, but I just saw your latest post pop up @AlexanderFu.

That is a cool tune and works well for that scene.

I've never had any shipping or tracking info when ordering directly from Eureka. Once the order says "Completed" on their site I consider that shipped and typically have it in 7-10 days, which is fast from the UK to the US.

• Like 2

AlexanderFu
43 minutes ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

I was going to say the same thing as @Stewart. I don't think Arrow have released another version besides the Limited Edition at this point. So the ones Barnes and Noble has should have the music CDs included. I was going to post a link, but I just saw your latest post pop up @AlexanderFu.

I've never had any shipping or tracking info when ordering directly from Eureka. Once the order says "Completed" on their site I consider that shipped and typically have it in 7-10 days, which is fast from the UK to the US.

Thank you, appreciate the help! I'm starting to think that. I took a quick screen grab of the back of the version that is limited.

I'm excited, tomorrow Igo 3 miles to Barnes and Noble who are holding the 2 they have, I'll be there at 10 AM when they open. IF it has the same back as this blurry picture (You can just about see the audio discs listed).

To Kill a Mastermind has to be done up nice someday!!!1475325877_0shawscopelimited10disc.thumb.png.4e987361834d195e8f9a456a28b92978.png

Edited by AlexanderFu
  • Like 3

AlexanderFu
17 hours ago, Stewart said:

15 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Well, of course you both were right, I'm glad I asked and thank you both!

Amazon is full of nasty little tricks, you'll see the pic below where Amazon USA sells for $89, but the pic is only outside of box. No way to know what the deal is with no back shot. The other 'option' is Amazon UK for $128 - it has a layout picture that shows the audio discs. Also, the UK had a week earlier release date.

So yeah, I guess they are all limited, just depends on if you want to spend $97.75 (w/tax) or do you want to spend 136 or more. I wonder how many units were made. I'm just surprise the Barnes & Noble had not 1 but 2 sets. I breakdown the price as follows: $10 per blu-ray. $5 per CD and $7.75 for the packaging. With the 4 extra movies, it's almost $8 a movie, so this is really a good deal. This forum talked me into this, so my wallet blames all of you!2012374973_0Shawscope4hjuly2022.png.45de60a31e9fff8a37179dd84a999812.png557931794_0Amazonwarning.thumb.png.ad04b01f27950dd7cfaefbb6607586aa.png

Edited by AlexanderFu
  • Like 3

AlexanderFu

A Shaw Brothers/Ku Lung set would be the ultimate. Chor Yuen could fill a set himself and it would be one of the best!

• Like 4

HeavenSword

Agreed. A Chor Yuen / Sun Chung set would be greatness , with some other non martial art films for diversity . 

The Magic Blade

The Avenging Eagle 

Killer Clans

The Kung Fu Instructor

To Kill A Mastermind

Convict Killer

Clans Of Intrigue

Intimate Confessions Of A Chinese Courtesan 

Perils Of The Sentimental Swordsman 

Men From The Gutter 

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star 

Naval Commando’s

Descendant Of The Sun 

Twinkle Twinkle seems like a weird choice , but it’s one of Shaws best when it comes to production values .  

• Like 9

This is the first snippet they've posted of the new restoration, however. This is looking incredible like the volume 1 remasters, extremely excited.

• Like 5

Man I’m so glad so many people will now be able to see Mercenaries From Hong Kong . It’s a gem .   A bit surprised at the inclusion of The Bare Foot Kid and Martial Arts Of Shaolin though .   Can’t wait !!

• Like 7
  • Buddha Bless You 1

24 minutes ago, HeavenSword said:

Man I’m so glad so many people will now be able to see Mercenaries From Hong Kong . It’s a gem .   A bit surprised at the inclusion of The Bare Foot Kid and Martial Arts Of Shaolin though .   Can’t wait !!

I'm not surprised at Martial Arts of Shaolin considering Shaw Brothers considers it to be the last of the main Era movies they made. Though I wonder why The Bare Foot Kid is included and not the true last movie from them, Drunken Monkey.

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Chemical Lemon

Disc 7!!!  We knew they were coming but that’s the disc of the set. 

psyched that 5 Super fighters is in the set, though I was hoping the master/3 Evil Masters might get on here with a new restoration 

also happy that Magnificent Ruffians and Ten Tigers are getting new restorations

• Like 1