The Arrow Films Blu-ray Thread

Drunken Monk

FightingFool
13 minutes ago, actionfan93 said:

If only somehow Arrow secures Hard Boiled it was on their poll of what people wanted to see ranked 3rd surprisingly not higher but it was in top 3 people want arrow to get rights to maybe we will eventually see it

Top3 is actually quite great as you know arrow releases movies from varied genres and countries. Would prefer bullet in the head or better tomorrow 2 but if hardboiled that is purchase no need to think about even nanosecond.essential and movie has not aged action still looks great even by todays standards.

• Like 1

actionfan93
2 minutes ago, FightingFool said:

Top3 is actually quite great as you know arrow releases movies from varied genres and countries. Would prefer bullet in the head or better tomorrow 2 but if hardboiled that is purchase no need to think about even nanosecond.essential and movie has not aged action still looks great even by todays standards.

If they can secure it I wonder what else they can secure rights to that have been in rights purgatory I would hope if rights are secured they secure A better tomorrow 2 and The Killer as well but I assume their plan would be to get the biggest films A better Tomorrow 1-2,The Killer,Hard Boiled,Bullet in the head and the other big gems if rights can be secured but If they can only get Hard Boiled I would still be happy at least one of the biggest wants would be secured then for fans

• Like 1

FightingFool
3 minutes ago, actionfan93 said:

If they can secure it I wonder what else they can secure rights to that have been in rights purgatory I would hope if rights are secured they secure A better tomorrow 2 and The Killer as well but I assume their plan would be to get the biggest films A better Tomorrow 1-2,The Killer,Hard Boiled,Bullet in the head and the other big gems if rights can be secured but If they can only get Hard Boiled I would still be happy at least one of the biggest wants would be secured then for fans

I wonder how good american and korean br releases of some of those movies are. Not a hardcore tech-holic so think would be happy with just good quality..Prison on fire 1&2 are ones would want to see as arrow releases(I do not have korean discs just HK dvd of prison2).

Best would be Angel boxset(even as 3rd is not so good still OK but parts 1&2 are masterpieces).

• Like 2

actionfan93
1 minute ago, FightingFool said:

I wonder how good american and korean br releases of some of those movies are. Not a hardcore tech-holic so think would be happy with just good quality..Prison on fire 1&2 are ones would want to see as arrow releases(I do not have korean discs just HK dvd of prison2).

Best would be Angel boxset(even as 3rd is not so good still OK but parts 1&2 are masterpieces).

I keep wondering which label will end up with Angel and In the line of Duty 1-4 and hopefully Killer Angels I do wonder which of the labels out there will release those gems from a very short lived genre

• Like 1

FightingFool
1 minute ago, actionfan93 said:

I keep wondering which label will end up with Angel and In the line of Duty 1-4 and hopefully Killer Angels I do wonder which of the labels out there will release those gems from a very short lived genre

Same. I probably import itlod1 from germany if english friendliness is confirmed. It costs(36€+15 shipping) lot but haven`t seen it since vhs days. But if Angel 2 gets released in both countries that will doubledip, it`s best girl with guns movie. Moon Lee is just so amazing specially in the end fight against soldiers. Stanley Tong choreographed if remember correct

• Like 1

actionfan93
8 minutes ago, FightingFool said:

Same. I probably import itlod1 from germany if english friendliness is confirmed. It costs(36€+15 shipping) lot but haven`t seen it since vhs days. But if Angel 2 gets released in both countries that will doubledip, it`s best girl with guns movie. Moon Lee is just so amazing specially in the end fight against soldiers. Stanley Tong choreographed if remember correct

that Cargo Records release is out of stock I have been trying to find it but it might already be sold out which leaves me hoping 88,Eureka,Arrow,Shamrock or some label puts them out in special editions if possible but high quality versions is mostly what I am wanting and it also makes me wonder if Cargo has other girls with guns under wraps and Shamrock has Dreaming the Reality and 1 other unknown Girls with guns but could they too have others under wraps if 88,Eureka or Arrow jump in that would be fantastic news or some other label

• Like 2

FightingFool
2 minutes ago, actionfan93 said:

that Cargo Records release is out of stock I have been trying to find it but it might already be sold out which leaves me hoping 88,Eureka,Arrow,Shamrock or some label puts them out in special editions if possible but high quality versions is mostly what I am wanting and it also makes me wonder if Cargo has other girls with guns under wraps and Shamrock has Dreaming the Reality and 1 other unknown Girls with guns but could they too have others under wraps if 88,Eureka or Arrow jump in that would be fantastic news or some other label

https://shop.dtm.at/product_info.php?products_id=80229

this is one have on mind but waiting confirmation about english subs. If subbed then definitely purchase but even if with dub still at least give it serious though. English is not my native language so prefer subs,

• Like 1

actionfan93
3 minutes ago, FightingFool said:

https://shop.dtm.at/product_info.php?products_id=80229

this is one have on mind but waiting confirmation about english subs. If subbed then definitely purchase but even if with dub still at least give it serious though. English is not my native language so prefer subs,

thats the version I was wanting but its sold out on Amazon so really hoping its coming from Eureka,88,Arrow or some other well known label

• Like 1

FightingFool
7 minutes ago, actionfan93 said:

thats the version I was wanting but its sold out on Amazon so really hoping its coming from Eureka,88,Arrow or some other well known label

it`s not sold out but not released yet.Bit over 2 months to wait, release day 24.6.2022..usually with these limited edtions you better rely on smaller shops than amazon.de...amazon has them sometimes but there are times they do not.

Edited by FightingFool
  • Like 1

actionfan93
2 minutes ago, FightingFool said:

it`s not sold out but not released yet.Bit over 2 months to wait, release day 24.6.2022

I asked Cargo if it has the dub or sub but they take a while to respond they also have german version of Tiger on Beat and Full Contact I am not sure if the main companies will pick these up so I might do blind buys on them

• Like 1

FightingFool
1 minute ago, actionfan93 said:

I asked Cargo if it has the dub or sub but they take a while to respond they also have german version of Tiger on Beat and Full Contact I am not sure if the main companies will pick these up so I might do blind buys on them

Full Contact is top movie. I have HKL dvd but if english friendly release will gladly buy german disc..have seen tiger on the beat so many times in past not sure if want to buy it if price is premium although it is good movie. Liu Chia Hui was likely doubled in end fight for a moment. He did leap or jumpkick(been so long since watched it) which did not feel like like him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FightingFool said:

Wish Arrow would do bit more Sonny Chiba. Karate bear and bullfighter would be great.

Dont forget Karate for Life! Thatll be on my top priority over any other boxset they or any other distrubtor will announce 

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

FightingFool
2 minutes ago, Ah_Tao said:

Dont forget Karate for Life! Thatll be on my top priority over any other boxset they or any other distrubtor will announce 

I haven`t seen it but interested. Would take street fighter boxset too even as final movies in serie quite bad.not sure if shout factory br set is still available for a reasonable price but shipping to europe after taxes make it bloody expensive.some low quality dvds still available for emergency if desperate..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FightingFool said:

I haven`t seen it but interested. Would take street fighter boxset too even as final movies in serie quite bad.not sure if shout factory br set is still available for a reasonable price but shipping to europe after taxes make it bloody expensive.some low quality dvds still available for emergency if desperate..

Try Ebay. Some people might be selling it for cheap. Thats how i got some rares too on BR

• Like 1

Drunken Monk

It looks like The Boxer’s Omen is coming from Arrow. This postcard was found in a copy of their recently released Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer.

1D5E96E0-55D2-46B9-A9E8-FE7095D1ABC4.jpeg

Edited by Drunken Monk
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1

Drunken Monk

I wonder how they define "latter-day Shaw Bros classics." Isn't Ten Tigers from Kwangtung confirmed for Vol. 2? That's a 1979 film and I'm not sure I'd consider that "latter-day."

• Like 1

Chemical Lemon
37 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I wonder how they define "latter-day Shaw Bros classics." Isn't Ten Tigers from Kwangtung confirmed for Vol. 2? That's a 1979 film and I'm not sure I'd consider that "latter-day."

I’m guessing they’re using that very loosely as anything between 1979 and 1985-ish.  I’m hoping they cut off at 1985-ish, there’s only a couple post 85-ish films that I think would qualify. I could see them adding the bare-footed kid or the jet li Shaolin temple. I hope they don’t. 

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

8 hours ago, Chemical Lemon said:

I’m guessing they’re using that very loosely as anything between 1979 and 1985-ish.  I’m hoping they cut off at 1985-ish, there’s only a couple post 85-ish films that I think would qualify. I could see them adding the bare-footed kid or the jet li Shaolin temple. I hope they don’t. 

I’d approve of PAINTED FACES being included 👍🏻

• Like 3

Chemical Lemon
15 minutes ago, WaverBoy said:

I’d approve of PAINTED FACES being included 👍🏻

I definitely lean towards the 85 and earlier SBs but I do like painted faces enough to have the IVL Blu. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kungfumaniac said:

It's still early but it looks like 14 movies will be on Shaw Box II!

I hope that there won't be too much movies like Boxer's Omen in this boxset !

• Like 2