The Arrow Films Blu-ray Thread

Drunken Monk

RebelIntruder
16 hours ago, Chemical Lemon said:

Please let this be master of the flying guillotine

He said "films" so I'm assuming it's not a standalone movie.

• Like 2

FightingFool
1 minute ago, RebelIntruder said:

He said "films" so I'm assuming it's not a standalone movie.

Oh, right. So guessing they are John Woo heroic bloodsheds then..

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FightingFool said:

Oh, right. So guessing they are John Woo heroic bloodsheds then..

That would be too much to hope for, but I still hope you’re right.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kungfumaniac said:

I can tell you it's in 4K. It's being worked on now. Can't be released in the States because of rights issues. This unnamed project does have a huge following. They are checking multiple sources to make sure that not one frame is lost. Given the effort, I do think this will be the definitive version of these films.

I think I know which release you are talking about here. It isn't MASTER OF THE FLYING GUILLOTINE, THE VICTIM or any of John Woo's films.

• Like 2

I think it will be a box of 3-4 heavy weight indies from various directors. This is what they did with their Spaghetti Western set Vengeance Trails and the Eurocrime one called Years of Lead. 

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 2

I wonder if it's the Internal Affairs trilogy. All 3 films have been restored in 4K and the first one will be released on UHD in Germany. Plus they were released by Tartan in the UK, and we know Arrow have been releasing titles from them lately.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2022 at 5:24 PM, kungfumaniac said:

I can tell you it's in 4K. It's being worked on now. Can't be released in the States because of rights issues. This unnamed project does have a huge following. They are checking multiple sources to make sure that not one frame is lost. Given the effort, I do think this will be the definitive version of these films.

Actually wait, I think this could be referring to a Bruce Lee 4K boxset. Mediumrare are said to be losing the rights to the Bruce Lee titles that they released, and It will have to be a UK only release as Criterion still have rights to the films in the U.S, and the Bruce Lee films do have a huge following. If you look at the list of hints for 2022 provided from Arrow's director, there's a clue listed for November that says "BL BOX", which could be interpreted as "Bruce Lee Box".

• Like 4

thundered mantis

Obviously each one of us do have our own preferences, I'm dreaming for some sort of indies boxset with The Victim, Drunken Tai Chi, Buddhist Fist and Legend of a Fighter lol. 

Anyway, boxsets for Lee Tso Nam, Ng See Yuen produced, Goldig Films, Peace Films, or any of the options mentioned upwards by fellow member would be gold. 

Hope we know soon enough about that

Edited by thundered mantis
  • Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 2

kungfumaniac
50 minutes ago, nahnahnah said:

Actually wait, I think this could be referring to a Bruce Lee 4K boxset. Mediumrare are said to be losing the rights to the Bruce Lee titles that they released, and It will have to be a UK only release as Criterion still have rights to the films in the U.S, and the Bruce Lee films do have a huge following. If you look at the list of hints for 2022 provided from Arrow's director, there's a clue listed for November that says "BL BOX", which could be interpreted as "Bruce Lee Box".

Not saying this is right, but you are a master detective! 

• Like 2

Got the USA arrow store exclusive of 8 Diagram Pole Fighter.Can confirm it is Region A locked,looks great and runs about 2 minutes longer than the 88 version.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Got the USA arrow store exclusive of 8 Diagram Pole Fighter.Can confirm it is Region A locked,looks great and runs about 2 minutes longer than the 88 version.

Yep, the Arrow version is now the definitive release, just perfection, with fantastic extras, including the theatrical trailer which was strangely missing from the 88 release. But I’ll still hold on to my 88 for the additional commentary and Kung Fu Bob artwork and spiffy poster. Plus, I have all the rest in that 88 series except FIVE ELEMENT NINJAS (still trying to get my mitts on that one dammit), and we can’t have a needless hole in the numbering! 🤓😎

• Like 2

FightingFool
On 4/9/2022 at 5:32 PM, WaverBoy said:

Yep, the Arrow version is now the definitive release, just perfection, with fantastic extras, including the theatrical trailer which was strangely missing from the 88 release. But I’ll still hold on to my 88 for the additional commentary and Kung Fu Bob artwork and spiffy poster. Plus, I have all the rest in that 88 series except FIVE ELEMENT NINJAS (still trying to get my mitts on that one dammit), and we can’t have a needless hole in the numbering! 🤓😎

Has it gone oop too?I have br+dvd combo and american r1 dvd..think have seen movie so many times if it has some proper value may let 88 go..+yankee dvd has lo meng interview not in 88 release..

• Like 1

If a 4K Bruce box is coming i really hope some unseen footage has been unearthed. The hint that it's "huge" gives me hope...as i wouldn't consider 4k release alone to be that big given they all have 4k masters and have already seen 4k sets released elsewhere.

• Like 2

FightingFool
9 minutes ago, saltysam said:

If a 4K Bruce box is coming i really hope some unseen footage has been unearthed. The hint that it's "huge" gives me hope...as i wouldn't consider 4k release alone to be that big given they all have 4k masters and have already seen 4k sets released elsewhere.

Same..as posted by me in past deleted scenes of Big Boss would be so..uhm, I guess there is no word to describe it..Amazing perhaps closest. But have seen these movies so many times in past won`t buy (tho can change mind) if not those  myth footage will be included.

• Like 1

actionfan93

If only somehow Arrow secures Hard Boiled it was on their poll of what people wanted to see ranked 3rd surprisingly not higher but it was in top 3 people want arrow to get rights to maybe we will eventually see it

• Like 2