The Arrow Films Blu-ray Thread

Drunken Monk

On 3/22/2022 at 7:13 PM, wmcguire18 said:

I'm pretty sure Arrow did not get the rights to Infra-Man.

That is a pity. I wonder who did?

HeavenSword

I’m surprised it wasn’t on the first one ,but gonna take a guess and  say Clan Of The White Lotus will be on Volume 2 .

FightingFool
2 minutes ago, HeavenSword said:

I’m surprised it wasn’t on the first one ,but gonna take a guess and  say Clan Of The White Lotus will be on Volume 2 .

Not a chance, it`s still available on 88 store. It would benefit from new restoration tho, 88 is not that good on PQ, have framecuts and 1 minor audio glitch.

Didn't the first box set get delayed a couple times late in the game? Maybe this time they're getting all the ducks in a row before the announcement.

• Like 2

On 3/23/2022 at 9:01 PM, HeavenSword said:

Im getting all my Shaw flicks from Arrow/ 88  on Amazon, they’re doing discounts on most of them . This shipped Monday and got here super quick . Thinking about getting 8 Diagram Pole Fighter now . I said I wouldn’t double dip but the screenshots I saw from a blu ray site look great .

But the CDWM booklet dosen’t mention this being a new restoration .

The 8 Diagram Pole Fighter is a new 2K restoration!

• Like 6

Beardys Feather

Any chance of To Kill A Mastermind coming out? Harper Lee really upped her game scripting this :coveredlaugh17309016_10210347190491058_1041628703648

Edited by Beardys Feather
Image added
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/29/2022 at 5:22 PM, Beardys Feather said:

Any chance of To Kill A Mastermind coming out? Harper Lee really upped her game scripting this :coveredlaugh17309016_10210347190491058_1041628703648

I mentioned this in the thread this film has in the Shaw forum-- Arrow has been very, very, coy when they're asked on Twitter if they acquired this film and given that they're willing to just straight up tell people "No, we didn't get INFRA-MAN" I would think that coyness is "We've got it in our back pocket but its not ready yet."

That's my interpretation of people chatting on Twitter, though.

• Like 6
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Beardys Feather
On 3/31/2022 at 3:48 AM, wmcguire18 said:

I mentioned this in the thread this film has in the Shaw forum-- Arrow has been very, very, coy when they're asked on Twitter if they acquired this film and given that they're willing to just straight up tell people "No, we didn't get INFRA-MAN" I would think that coyness is "We've got it in our back pocket but its not ready yet."

That's my interpretation of people chatting on Twitter, though.

Thank you wmcguire18... That would be pretty sweet :bs_thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kungfumaniac said:

Something interesting in the works for the UK market. Not Shaws but something HUGE.

It's not very good for your heart to tease us like this ! :bs_laughing:

Just now, ShawAngela said:

It's not very good for your heart to tease us like this ! :bs_laughing:

I meant for OUR heart !

• Haha 1

kungfumaniac

I can tell you it's in 4K. It's being worked on now. Can't be released in the States because of rights issues. This unnamed project does have a huge following. They are checking multiple sources to make sure that not one frame is lost. Given the effort, I do think this will be the definitive version of these films.

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

kungfumaniac
1 hour ago, thundered mantis said:

Oh boy. Do we have a date for the announcement?

Nothing set yet. I'm surprised they haven't announced anything given where they are work/research wise.

This is what had impressed me with Arrow so far. They do a TON of homework - Checking VHS tapes, VCD's, Laser Discs. Multiple prints. I'm comfortable in saying that the Shaw films they are doing are the closest thing you can get to being in the Hong Kong Film Archive. They are putting in the same effort with this new project. I know people will be excited :)

• Like 6

Chemical Lemon
1 hour ago, kungfumaniac said:

I can tell you it's in 4K. It's being worked on now. Can't be released in the States because of rights issues. This unnamed project does have a huge following. They are checking multiple sources to make sure that not one frame is lost. Given the effort, I do think this will be the definitive version of these films.

Please let this be master of the flying guillotine

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 2

23 minutes ago, Chemical Lemon said:

Please let this be master of the flying guillotine

That’s exactly what I was going to say but you beat me to it! Great minds! 🤓

Although, I’d be happy with THE VICTIM too 🤘🏻

Edited by WaverBoy
  • Like 4

Chemical Lemon
5 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

That’s exactly what I was going to say but you beat me to it! Great minds! 🤓

Although, I’d be happy with THE VICTIM too 🤘🏻

I was thinking maybe the victim too but wasn’t aware if it had rights issues in the US. Possibly because of the tai seng  / ocean shores dvd from the late 90s early 00s?  And I thought the victim did have rights issues in the UK. But I also have no idea. Master of the flying Guillotine seemed to really fit the description though. Would obviously be ecstatic for either.

Edited by Chemical Lemon
Fixed typo
  • Like 3

Seems unlikely to be Master of the Flying Guillotine as James Flower just tweeted this. I'm extremely curious as to what it could be though.

• Like 5

Chemical Lemon
9 minutes ago, panzer said:

Seems unlikely to be Master of the Flying Guillotine as James Flower just tweeted this. I'm extremely curious as to what it could be though.

Still holding out hope. I’m sure I’ll be psyched for whatever it is though 

• Like 2

HeavenSword

Anyone get 8 Diagram Pole Fighter yet? How is it ? ( I’ve seen the movie, but just the blu ray as a whole )