The Arrow Films Blu-ray Thread

Drunken Monk

5 hours ago, dshooker said:

The 88 subs had a couple spelling errors if I remember correctly. That happens sometimes though, we're all human, but I'm sure they've been addressed.

And I've seen that logo before (maybe on Hong Kong Godfather?) and it's good to see it again.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

Whoa, that’s a fantastic SB logo, very ‘80s indeed! Even more reason to double-dip now, thanks Arrow!

How many other SB films on Blu currently have the incorrect logo?

As far as I know that gold SB logo was first used around 1983.

I don't think the logo situation with the Celestial Pictures version of Shaw Brothers movies is quite as bad as the situation with Media Asia/Fortune Stars version of Golden Harvest movies they almost always use the 'Big G' logo which as far as I know was first used in 1978.

• Like 5

Mine was like that along the top edge, like the vinyl wrap was coming unglued from the cardboard.

I just tried to apply some pressure on the inside of the box to get the vinyl to stick more. It's not so noticeable now.

• Like 2

I checked my box and it's in perfect condition with no deformity as pictured. Guess I'm lucky.

I thought this was a cool pic of Yasuaki Kurata holding his personal copy.

Screenshot_2022-02-03 Frédéric Ambroisine Facebook.png

272960720_10158412651676175_105025190680841175_n.jpg

• Like 20
  • Buddha Bless You 3

Iron Head Rat
13 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

I checked my box and it's in perfect condition with no deformity as pictured. Guess I'm lucky.

We need a top notch release of Legend of a Fighter on Bluray please :monk_meditating:

• Like 9
  • Buddha Bless You 1

A crazy thing happened to me !!

After receiving the shipping notice for the set a while ago, I still haven't received it, and the day before yesterday, I noticed a refund from zavvi that was the same as the price I had paid  !! 😱

So, I wrote to zavvi and they told me that the package had been returned n'y the carrier ! 

1) I didn't know that it had been sent through a carrier !

2) I never received any update From Fedex telling me that a package would arrived or was waiting for me somewhere !!

:bs_angry:

So, I have now to order the set again !!:devil:angry

The only good news of this week are that I received Flag of Iron from 88 ans Legendary Weapons of China from zavvi...

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Angry 2

• Administrator
1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

A crazy thing happened to me !!

After receiving the shipping notice for the set a while ago, I still haven't received it, and the day before yesterday, I noticed a refund from zavvi that was the same as the price I had paid  !! 😱

So, I wrote to zavvi and they told me that the package had been returned n'y the carrier ! 

1) I didn't know that it had been sent through a carrier !

2) I never received any update From Fedex telling me that a package would arrived or was waiting for me somewhere !!

:bs_angry:

So, I have now to order the set again !!:devil:angry

The only good news of this week are that I received Flag of Iron from 88 ans Legendary Weapons of China from zavvi...

1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

And zavvi told me that they never received any feedback from Fedex explaining while the package had been returned !!

Aw damn! Sorry to hear this. :squigglemouth:

Strange, because normally Fedex are so reliable. Case in point: I received notice today that my package (a figure of the wolf from AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON if you must know. :nerd:) is still expected to arrive on February 2nd! You know... last Wednesday. :dull Sigh. I'm not in a rush for it; just saying- their reliability is laughable.

On 2/3/2022 at 4:37 PM, Yihetuan said:

That's awesome! I love that Arrow sent him a copy, and Kurata Sensei looks fantastic.

On 2/1/2022 at 1:55 PM, Django said:

Did anyone else receive this kind of deformity on their boxes?

IMG_20220201_195352_342.jpg

On 2/2/2022 at 12:17 PM, michaelNH said:

Mine was like that along the top edge, like the vinyl wrap was coming unglued from the cardboard.

I just tried to apply some pressure on the inside of the box to get the vinyl to stick more. It's not so noticeable now.

@Django and @michaelNH I feel bad for you both. That sucks. Mine didn't have any problems like that.

• Like 3

On 2/14/2022 at 3:00 AM, ShawAngela said:

Thanks. And now, the killing question...Is it region A only, or both regions ?

Region A. 88 Films still has the UK rights.

• Like 3

On 2/8/2022 at 6:50 PM, KUNG FU BOB said:

I feel bad for you both. That sucks. Mine didn't have any problems like that.

I actually mailed the site where I bought it from and showed them the picture, they offered me a 15% refund that covered my order for Legendary Weapons of China Blu Ray from 88, so in the end - I feel like I can live with it 😁

I really hope that Arrow will put at least one Sun Chung title to the Vol. 2 of Shawscope. Preferably The Avenging Eagle or Kung Fu Instructor!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Django said:

I really hope that Arrow will put at least one Sun Chung title to the Vol. 2 of Shawscope. Preferably The Avenging Eagle or Kung Fu Instructor!

I'm joining your wishes. Would love a separate release of KF Instructor, but I'd settle with it being included on Vol. 2.

• Like 6

On 2/16/2022 at 11:25 AM, Django said:

I actually mailed the site where I bought it from and showed them the picture, they offered me a 15% refund that covered my order for Legendary Weapons of China Blu Ray from 88, so in the end - I feel like I can live with it 😁

Despite the really short ending shot in that, I really would love for them to include The Avenging Eagle. I would love to have that upgraded to blu ray. I have it via the double pack with The Blood Brothers from Dragon Dynasty.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, nahnahnah said:

According to set producer James Flower, there will be more than 2 boxsets and will more than likely contain a Chor Yuen film: https://twitter.com/jamesflowerfilm/status/1495810616249958406

Nice . I think there needs to be a volume with a mix of Chor Yuen and Sun Chung. They really knew how to use those Shaw Sets. 

• Like 4

I still didnt order shawscope vol.1. Mainly because of the price. I know for the number of movies included it is a fair price but paying so much at once besides other releases is not inviting.

You think the price could drop in some weeks?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AslanBey said:

You think the price could drop in some weeks?

Maybe not in few weeks but eventually. If it`s still selling well no need for price drop just yet. Would be interested to know how limited this was...

Nice to see Golden Swallow trailer listed in CDWM arrow disc, hopefully they release GS as individually instead of shawscopes..

Edited by FightingFool
  • Like 2

The set is jam packed with SB classics, including the long-desired original HK cut of THE CHINATOWN KID, and the price is fair. Can’t imagine passing it up if you’re a SB fan. So glad to have it.

• Like 3