Kung Fu VHS

Django

Is there any love for Kung Fu tapes out there? I have a soft spot for the format. Not because of the quality but because of the sleeve designs, nostalgia and because I'm a collector type of person (especially when it comes to physically media). And of course - some VHS releases of these movies are to this day the best versions that exists.. 

I'd love to see your collections! Also, anything about KF tapes - can be discussed here. Here is the highlights or my collection

IMG_20210618_055009_580.jpg

• Like 6

I absolutely adored the old Kung Fu VHS covers, the Neal Adams art for SITES and DM was epic. Unfortunately i don't have any VHS tapes anymore, i'd buy a book featuring all the old covers though.

• Like 4

Very nice. The sleeve designs are amazing, I wonder why most of the first and second generation of DVDs had so crappy designs? 

Ocean Shores had amazing cover designs, however I don't own any of them. Prices on collectible tapes are crazy..

• Like 5

TibetanWhiteCrane
24 minutes ago, saltysam said:

I remember buying that Crystal Fist tape in Eastern Heroes Store on Shaftesbury Avenue.

Yeah, being from Denmark I had to import Eastern Heroes, MIHK etc. back in the 90's. Could only afford about one or two a month back then. Then I had a brainmelt of retardation and sold most of my collection. Been buying them all back in the last five years.

• Like 4

TibetanWhiteCrane
9 minutes ago, Django said:

Very nice. The sleeve designs are amazing, I wonder why most of the first and second generation of DVDs had so crappy designs? 

I'm a sucker for those sleeve designs, huge nostalgia for me and just love the look of them. Yeah, most DVD sleeves were shit. 

Edited by TibetanWhiteCrane
  • Like 4

Ninja Sinai

I still have Invincible Armour and Death Duel of Kung Fu both on VHS in Mint condition. 

I know it’s not a kung fu movie but I also have Stir Crazy (Richard Pryor) on VHS still brand new factory sealed and never been opened or played. 

• Like 3

Some great collections

Heres most of mine

i also have the MIHK of SITES, DM (my preferred dub) and Encounters of the Spooky Kind

8BAE96BE-DD21-4CB7-867E-ADD166600E31.jpeg

• Like 3

DimMakDevil
On 6/19/2021 at 3:21 PM, Django said:

Ocean Shores had amazing cover designs, however I don't own any of them. Prices on collectible tapes are crazy..

I always enjoy OS cover labels they really stood out I Loved them from childhood Especially when they print there location and street at the beginning of their films,and also the cassette tapes. 🤔 I always wondered/wanted to go to:

Ocean Shores Video LTD

1711 Hang Lung Center

Patterson St.Causeway Bay

Hong Kong. 😧😧

• Like 2

DarthKato

I don't really like watching movies on VHS anymore, but I do love looking at the covers. Man, they knew how to make a cool movie cover back in the day.  

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1