Martial Arts Expo / Event / Premiere / Meet & Greet (Upcoming)

laagi

I thought it would be nice to have a topic where we can gather any info for upcoming events in the Martial Arts (cinematic) universe. 

Now I'm aware that the UK and US are probably the place to be when it comes to those things. Nevertheless let's give this an international flavour. So no matter where you are, if something is going down in your area that could be of interest to your fellow KFF members post it here.

Looking forward to it and who knows maybe we'll run into each other some day. Which got me thinking @SMK it would be absolutely amazing to have a KFF gathering once a year in a different place or dare I say country each time. 

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Ninja Sinai

I remember when Kermit hired a cinema screen in Birmingham back in the day and screened Mystery of Chess Boxing, Invincible Armour and Drunken Master 2 for fellow fans. It was nice to meet up with fellow KFF members and talk classics.

I think he may have made a loss financially as he sadly never put another event again. 

I still have fond memories of that day. Kermit borrowed the prints from Toby for the screenings. 

• Like 3

Myself and a friend a few years back did a double bill of 35mm prints of Enter the Fat Dragon and Daredevils at Nottingham cinema.

Sadly the turnout was low, so financially it was not viable to do any more. You need to really find out if the fans are willing to pay before arranging anything, prints, and especially any guests can be expensive.

• Like 3

Dragonfest, the annual martial arts expo held as a fundraiser for the Martial Arts History Museum, was cancelled in 2020 because of the pandemic and it was announced a few weeks ago that it has once again been cancelled this year (it was scheduled for August 21-22) . From the April 6 Dragonfest page on Facebook:

"After speaking with the city of Burbank in regard to sponsorship and the Pickwick Gardens in regard to re-opening their venue to host Dragonfest, I was informed that their re-opening is still in limbo. There has been no determination when they can actually open. So, it was a sad and heavy heart, that we will be unable to host Dragonfest this year. Dragonfest has been our biggest fundraiser for the Museum and losing that income last year was a big blow, and this year it will also be a huge blow as well. We look forward because we can't look back, to a bigger 2022 Dragonfest."

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, drees5761 said:

Myself and a friend a few years back did a double bill of 35mm prints of Enter the Fat Dragon and Daredevils at Nottingham cinema.

Sadly the turnout was low, so financially it was not viable to do any more. You need to really find out if the fans are willing to pay before arranging anything, prints, and especially any guests can be expensive.

Maybe a fundraiser prior to a fan event could help? Especially nowadays with social media it might be a bit easier than it use to be.

• Like 3

DragonClaws
On 6/13/2021 at 11:34 AM, laagi said:

I thought it would be nice to have a topic where we can gather any info for upcoming events in the Martial Arts (cinematic) universe. 

I started a thread here for these topics back in 2019, click on the link below. @SMK, is there anyway we can merge these threads?.

• Like 2