Chinese Speaking Vampires (2021) - Davy Williams, Sean Eden Yi, Daniella Brown, June Lee

AlbertV

I'm apologizing in advance as I saw this today. It's an attempt to mesh American B-movie comedy with the Chinese vampire film. What happens when an aspiring American actor has a month to learn Mandarin for a film role and learns his night school teacher is actually a vampire who is creating an army to take over L.A. and then the world?

The film is the brainchild of Davy Williams, an American-born actor and martial artist who lives in China and Montana. I wanted to like this film considering how I like the "so bad it's good", but its farfetched. Even the action scenes were not all that impressive and it's sad considering they are done by the actor playing the villain, Sean Eden Yi, who was actually Jet Li's stunt double in Fearless.

The only thing I thought was actually funny...when the villain bites his American victims, they lose their command of English and speak all Mandarin. I gotta admit...that part is wild, but the rest. Total Meh!

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1

Cognoscente

This makes me think that Golden Harvest missed out with their Demon Hunters project because all they had to do was make their own version of Fright Night but with people like Corey Haim and Phoebe Cates.