Infernal Storm (2021) - iQiyi exclusive

laagi

Not really sure this deserves its own topic but hey maybe I can save some of you from watching it :laluot_12:

Infernal Storm joins the ranks for an increasing number of rushly churned out streaming content. Usually this involves either fantasy sword fighting, patriotic kung fu or flashy gangster. With this title trying to be the latter. Mostly there's at least one fairly well known name involved.

First of I have to say that the overall production value looks pretty good. Unfortunately that's about the only positive thing I can say about it. Infernal Storm has some of the worst shootouts I've seen in a long time (think Naked Gun) not to mention the sound effects. The "fight" scenes are so poorly cut and choreographed it's painfully obvious most of the punches and kicks miss by a mile.

The story is one we've seen a million times before and done a million times better. For some reason they even felt the need to add a love story to it. Needless to mention it's as unnecessary as the entire movie.

Last but not least can somebody explain to me why these gangsters always dress like a bunch of drag queens? I mean their presence is laughable at best.

Edited by laagi
  • Like 2