The Last Mercenary (2021)

Drunken Monk

Might be alright. Some of the fight scene did look a little sluggish tho. But that could just be the trailer. 

• Like 2

He's bringing back "the dance" so just for that, i'll watch it. He also plays a some kind of a master of disguise lol. Looks like just a action-comedy not taking itself seriously, which is great.

• Like 3

It's an okay movie. Nothing more nothing less. Has some good car chases and few fight scenes here and there. My favourite was probably the one in the locker room. Also some laughs and light chuckles throughout. And for those who know their 80's cinema they put a couple of nods throughout the movie. Included as mentioned above JCVD's infamous dance from Kickboxer.

To be fair it looked like everybody involved in the film did have a really good time! I appreciate that. Overall it was a bit too long for me and some of the comedy doesn't stick the landing. One time watch only.

If you're looking for something more serious I highly recommend you check out The Bouncer aka Lukas. One of JCVD's best perfomance to date, at least IMHO.

Edited by laagi
  • Like 2

DragonClaws
9 hours ago, laagi said:

If you're looking for something more serious I highly recommend you check out The Bouncer aka Lukas. One of JCVD's best perfomance to date, at least IMHO.

The Bouncer(2018) is one of my favourite Jean-Claude Van Damme movies, We Die Young(2019) is also worth checking out.

• Like 2

Goofy action comedy, Jean claude van damme still nailing his fight scenes. Stupid plot I honestly didn’t really have a clue what was happening and some melodrama that doesn’t work but the action is solid.

It is good to see he is still in shape for his final action movie with Bolo!

• Like 1