Jimmy Wang Yu in real fights?

WangYu

Question

It is well reported that he got into a few real fist fights during his career. Is there any knowledge about the outcome of such fights? In other words did he kick ass regularly or did he get his ass kicked?

Also why exactly did he get into fights?

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

shukocarl1441996347
6 hours ago, WangYu said:

It is well reported that he got into a few real fist fights during his career. Is there any knowledge about the outcome of such fights? In other words did he kick ass regularly or did he get his ass kicked?

Also why exactly did he get into fights?

One (out of many) incidents happened at a Taiwanese hotel where he was dining with (allegedly) Triad members when a rival outfit appeared and attacked. During the melee Jimmy was stabbed 7 times even though (allegedly) put his three attackers in Hospital.

Jimmy himself spent several months in hospital before he could resume acting/filming.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, shukocarl1441996347 said:

One (out of many) incidents happened at a Taiwanese hotel where he was dining with (allegedly) Triad members when a rival outfit appeared and attacked. During the melee Jimmy was stabbed 7 times even though (allegedly) put his three attackers in Hospital.

Jimmy himself spent several months in hospital before he could resume acting/filming.

Just randomly his fantastic fight scene in the kitchen/restaurant of the man from hong kong came to mind. This is basically how I imagine it went lol

nice story! If you know more feel free or point me towards a page where I can read about it.

• Like 2

shukocarl1441996347
51 minutes ago, WangYu said:

Just randomly his fantastic fight scene in the kitchen/restaurant of the man from hong kong came to mind. This is basically how I imagine it went lol

nice story! If you know more feel free or point me towards a page where I can read about it.

I don't think the info is there anymore. It was on some Bruce Lee site (can't remember which -sorry). There was also stuff about his  departure from Shaws, being involved in a murder case (allegedly) and catching his wife with her lover with the press in tow behind him. It was really salacious stuff! Which I'd saved it now.

• Like 2