Releasing and remaking Cathay films- IE Entertainment Singapore

NoKUNGFUforYU

NoKUNGFUforYU

I just saw this in the news. I did not put it in the martial arts section as it looks like their interest at this point is remaking the old dramas and comedies as well as releasing movies from the pre color and pre martial arts period. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/life/entertainment/new-company-to-help-remake-classic-films-from-the-cathay-keris-archive

• Like 5

I admittedly have little interest in modern remakes of these films but would definitely be interested in having more of these "classics" released in newly remastered versions available for purchase on dvd or blu ray format.

• Like 4

Chu Liu Hsiang

Same here. I'd think it's a financial risk to remake the classics given the strong competition of modern stuff, and the general lack of interest in classics apart from a minority but then again I'm absolutely not able to assess ppl's taste anyway, and they surely know more about the market than I do. I just hope any remake will be a success, to help re-release the classics, and to reward that company's bold attempt.

• Like 4

ShawAngela
18 hours ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

I just saw this in the news. I did not put it in the martial arts section as it looks like their interest at this point is remaking the old dramas and comedies as well as releasing movies from the pre color and pre martial arts period. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/life/entertainment/new-company-to-help-remake-classic-films-from-the-cathay-keris-archive

Some of the old Malay movies form Cathay Keris are also martial arts ones, or at least, have fights during the movie, exactly as the Shaws' Malay had, so, it would be interesting to rediscover these movies remastered, and with a little bit of luck, with English subtitles.

The ones they mention aren't martial arts movies for sure, but one can still dream a little bit...

• Like 4

Jesse Smooth
14 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Some of the old Malay movies form Cathay Keris are also martial arts ones, or at least, have fights during the movie, exactly as the Shaws' Malay had, so, it would be interesting to rediscover these movies remastered, and with a little bit of luck, with English subtitles.

The ones they mention aren't martial arts movies for sure, but one can still dream a little bit...

Those Malay/Singapore films would be quite a find. I’d like to see them.

• Like 3

ShawAngela
1 hour ago, Jesse Smooth said:

Those Malay/Singapore films would be quite a find. I’d like to see them.

I think that I have some doubles...

• Like 3