New IMAGE DVD...? Linn or anyone?

Guest peringaten

Guest peringaten

The Executioner AKA The Beheaded 1000...

Can someone please confirm the run time of the movie on the new Image disc for me...

First time I looked at an independent site's spec profile for the disc about a month ago, it was down at the full running time of 125 mins approx.

Now everywhere I'm looking at its specs I'm seeing it down as 101 minutes...

So which is it...?

I already have a 101 minute DVD release... granted it's dodgy quality, but...

Completely brassic, got to pick and choose my buys now - really don't want to waste money on a film that's missing 25 minutes!!!!

Did Image put out the shortened cut flick?!

If so I'm sticking with my uncut video copy...

Hope someone can help!

Cheers!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest peringaten

:lol Looking at that first post again, it looks a lot feistier than I was feeling it!

Anyhoo,

Cheers Linn, thanks for the info... I'm guessing we're talking the 101 then... May be a varient, but seen 'em both and it makes a lot more sense to me in the longer format, so for the moment video it is!

Thanks again.

Let me know for sure if you get a copy... mucho obliged.

Guest Markgway

Yeah, it's a Taiwanese film made by a HK company.

If that makes any sense?

The Taiwanese length should be considered the DC.

The same company produced Island of Fire.

Guest killer meteor

The full length Island Of Fire, sourced from a decent print or the negative, would be a great DVD. Any chance do you think, Linn?

As a matter of fact, the majority of Taiwanese cuts of films from '88 or so on are not director's cuts by any stretch of the imagination. They were often versions of films rushed out to satisfy deals in place with Taiwanese theater chains.

hey,

that's true but in the case of let's say Island Of Fire, Home Too Far and now Beheaded 1000, they SHOULD be considered the director versions at 2 hours? Had my problems with the pace of 1000 however.

Guest peringaten

To be honest - it's impossible for me to be objective with this one Yakuza, I can't state one version better than the other in terms of objective quality (other than to say subjectively, SCREW the shorter version), nor recommend it too highly other than to say I love it dearly, as it doesn't seem to be most people's idea of a good time... I see it as a glorious schlockfest personally.

One of the very first HK/Taiwanese films I ever saw at a more impressionable age, back when it first came out, and as such a mindblower for me, starting my obsession. As a film on its own ridiculous merits it's lost none of its appeal for me, btw.

I always knew the 2hr + version, and only the 2hr + version until I got hold of the 101 earlier this year - as such the 101 seems a hideously cut butchered movie.

Don't care about pacing - the 2hr is a cherished movie in my eyes, the other a poor excuse for a version of it - loses its epic schlockfest feel.

I can't answer you too objectively, maybe someone else will.

DAMN YOU IMAGE!! :P Still getting my money for some of your Shaw releases though, lol...

it can go both ways for me. The longer version has less of the pointless Joey Wang flying around, which bogs down the middle of the film. Though I can understand why some would like the longer cut. What's funny is, for a change, the longer version is actually the version of the film most fans have seen.

Archived