Was Chuck Norris ever approached to do more Chinese films?

WangYu

I always liked his villain part in slaughter in san francisco. He should have done more films like this! He would have been ideal as an henchman or sub boss like Bolo. I also wondered how he’d look with some more imaginative choreography. I’m sure if Bruce Lee had lived he would be in more films alongside him maybe fighting the likes of Bolo. He would have been ideal for the basher styled era!

Either way I loved lone wolf Mcquade. That is a film filled to the brim with classic movie magic! How that film never spawned any sequels is beyond me. He looked the part, his  clothes, his dirty appearance, the no nonsense style punching everybody in the face who looked at him wrong. The spaghetti western cinematography and soundtrack was also fantastic. The end showdown with Carradine is brilliant thanks to the music and the Sergio Leone esque close ups. When his daughter gets hit in the face and Chuck goes crazy is one of the great macho moments in film history. Instant goosebumps!

i’m pretty sure this was the film that got me into martial arts cinema, it was so good that any other Chuck Norris I saw afterwards paled in comparison.

Edited by WangYu
  • Like 2

Cognoscente

I can imagine that he was approached but he wanted to be a movie star, and the way to do that was to play the good guy.

It would have been cool if Golden Harvest put money behind him as a new star but they were more interested in movie stars who were actually actors. By the time that Chuck became a big name in the '80s, GH were more interested in guys like Burt Reynolds and Tom Selleck. I actually think that GH should have cast Chuck to play Danny Aiello's role in The Protector.

Firewalker is my favourite Chuck Norris movie. That could also have been a franchise. He was so funny in that, and it makes it easier to picture him in an '80s movie with Jackie. They could have done an action comedy that rivalled something like Running Scared or Tango & Cash.

• Like 2

I love Slaughter In San Francisco. Frustrated that the new german DVD Release appears to be cancelled, as Spannick said it was a longer version and superior to the UK Disc.

• Like 3