Evil Dead Rises (2022)

Drunken Monk

Drunken Monk

Revealed by Variety today, the fourth film in the Evil Dead series will be going directly to HBO Max once it is released. Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell will be producing while Lee Cronin (the film maker behind the superb The Hole in the Ground) will be directing.

According to Variety...

“The next chapter in the saga builds off the original trilogy, rather than the 2013 reboot. Evil Dead Rise moves the action out of the woods and into the city. The twisted tale centers on two estranged sisters, portrayed by Alyssa Sutherland and Lily Sullivan, whose reunion is cut short by the rise of flesh-possessing demons, thrusting them into a primal battle for survival as they face the most nightmarish version of family imaginable.”

• Like 3

So its going to something of another reboot with some ties with the original trilogy? Well, I'm always up for some more Evil Dead, so this sounds awesome to me(Damn, I still need to watch the first Reboot). I just hope they can keep the feel of an Evil Dead film and not turn into another generic horror film. I would love to see Bruce Campbell in it, but I know that's kind of impossible with how the series ended. 

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

Dave Garbett, the DOP, was actually the cinematographer on thirteen episodes of Ash vs Evil dead so he's pretty familiar with the Evil Dead style.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Reminds me too much of the Remake(Which I finally watched and absolutely hated). I will be passing on this. 

Drunken Monk
16 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Being a fan of the remake (I think it's better than all three of the original films), this looks right up my alley. The cheese grater scene made me even more interested. Super brutal.

1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

Being a fan of the remake (I think it's better than all three of the original films), this looks right up my alley. The cheese grater scene made me even more interested. Super brutal.

This film is considered the official 4th film with Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell serving as producers on it

Edited by AlbertV

Drunken Monk
1 hour ago, AlbertV said:

This film is considered the official 4th film with Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell serving as producers on it

Sorry...yes. I used the term "remake" when I meant "reboot." Although I did read yesterday that this one is the fourth official movie in the series. It definitely looks like a tonal shift and feels like more of a sequel to the reboot than the sequel to Army of Darkness. Either way, I'm very much down. Give me practical gore and I'm usually pretty happy.

PandaPawPaw

I had no idea about this but wasn't keen on the remake. The trailer was alright. I think less is more. It looks like one of those horror movies where they just throw everything at you which IMO becomes quite dull.

Also that trailer shows way too much. I feel like I've seen the whole movie. :tongueout

• Like 1