Recommend some old school wuxia

WangYu

I'd like to know some must watch titles that I might have missed out on over the years. I'm only interested in 60s and early 70s wuxia. I'm fairly familiar with the Shaw Brothers wuxi's but I learned that many companies churned out these type of movies like Cathay, Union, First Films and probably many others.

I'm really hoping to learn about forgotten gems like "the brave and the evil", "the flying dagger", "the black tavern" and "a town called dragon".

• Like 3

Iron_Leopard

My favorite era for wuxia is also the late 60s and early 70s. But I haven't seen anything that wasn't a Shaws movie. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Iron_Leopard said:

My favorite era for wuxia is also the late 60s and early 70s. But I haven't seen anything that wasn't a Shaws movie. 

I think many of the non shaw Jimmy Wang Yu wuxia’s are fantastic, they should be restored!

• Like 3

ShawAngela

You can try t watch movies such as The ringing sword, Eight Dragon Swords, all wuxia movies that have Kong Ban and Chang Ching Ching in it, either together or alone.

One-armed swordswoman, Sorrowful to a ghost, The fairy wife, The clam fairy, Duel with samurai, Unparalleled judo knife, The third sword, The patriotic heroine and so on.

Also, Chia Ling's and Shan Kuan Ling Fung's wuxia are great.

• Like 3