Don't Breathe 2 (2021) - Stephen Lang, Diaana Babnicova, Rocci Williams, Adam Young

AlbertV

quick-news-breathe-ryan-dragon-loki.jpg

Coming out August 13th is Rodo Sagayues's sequel to the thriller Don't Breathe. The great Stephen Lang returns to the role of the Blind Man, who after dealing with three robbers in his home finds solace in an isolated cabin. He finds an orphaned young girl and takes her in. When a group of kidnappers take the girl, the Blind Man must rescue her. Sagayues and Fede Alvarez wrote the sequel together as they wrote the original film as well. The duo are also involved as producers of the upcoming Texas Chainsaw Massacre retcon sequel coming later this year.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/quick-news-breathe-ryan-dragon-loki/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

DarthKato

I've been meaning to watch the first movie. I have had all the twists spoiled over the years, but I still think it would be a good watch. With the sequel being made, I might finally check it out. lol

• Like 2

I loved the first film. There's another film called Wait Until Dark with the same premise, Audrey Hepburn and Richard Crenna.

• Like 2

More a spin-off than a sequel actually. Rather generic and not as good as the first one. I fell asleep when I ran out of chips. Like Stephen Lang's character and performance though.

• Like 2

Not a real fan of the first one and this was certainly a shift in tone. Pretty much just a slasher with our protagonist now being the (anti)hero. Performances for the most part were quite good. With Stephen Lang and and especially Madelyn Grace being the standout. Overall it has some fun violent action, which is dragged down by a pretty dumb plot. Ultimately pretty forgettable!

Spoiler

Apparently we'll even get a third part. Which seems to be the norm nowadays with any production half-way successful.

• Like 3

Great violence and thrills. But as a sequel, the attempt to change the antagonist to protagonist (kinda) failed. Lang's character set-up in the original was what made everything work, and this one poses a good example as to why you never should steer away from a working concept WAY too much. What a pity.

• Like 2