Trying to find a movie i seen a long time ago

Duel to the Death

Question

Duel to the Death

I'm probably asking the impossible. It's a foggy memory from 20-30 years ago or more. The only thing i remember is our hero or hero's were wearing blue kung fu suits similar to what Bruce Lee wore in Fist of Fury. Blue suits with white lining, possibly even white buttons. I feel like it was a girl and a guy who both wore the blue suits, maybe part of the same school? And there could of been a 3rd person as well. And i think they went off to fight the bad guys in a building (maybe by water? maybe not). I'm unsure if it was Brucesploitation, i'm thinking it wasn't. I seen it only once on tv and wished i had recorded it.

This is probably too vague. 

• Like 4

8 answers to this question

starschwar

Could it possibly be Tiger and Crane Fists?  The same source material used for Kung Pow.  The wardrobe does kinda match your description.  There are similarly-dressed students, both male and female that are important to the plot.  And there is a big fight at a river at the start.

• Like 3

Duel to the Death
6 minutes ago, starschwar said:

Could it possibly be Tiger and Crane Fists?  The same source material used for Kung Pow.  The wardrobe does kinda match your description.  There are similarly-dressed students, both male and female that are important to the plot.  And there is a big fight at a river at the start.

I'll never know for sure but I'll watch it later today. Been meaning to see that since i like Kung Pow. 

• Like 2

starschwar

A proper release (OAR, original language, English subtitles) doesn't exist as far as I'm aware.  But there is at least a fullscreen dub out there under the alternate title "Savage Killers".   Should be enough to jog your memory at least.

Funny enough - the dub has at least one line that is actually the same as Kung Pow, which only makes its counterpart even funnier to me.  I won't spoil it.

• Like 2

Duel to the Death
18 minutes ago, starschwar said:

A proper release (OAR, original language, English subtitles) doesn't exist as far as I'm aware.  But there is at least a fullscreen dub out there under the alternate title "Savage Killers".   Should be enough to jog your memory at least.

Funny enough - the dub has at least one line that is actually the same as Kung Pow, which only makes its counterpart even funnier to me.  I won't spoil it.

I see a full screen dub on Youtube so i'll settle for that. 

• Like 3

Duel to the Death

Fun movie. While i may never know for sure. My memory says both the guy and girl both had the same color blue kung fu suits and the girl fought along the guy (it may have actually been 2 guys) and she held her own and was good a fighter as the guy(s). Of course that could be a faulty memory. So for now i'm going to say that probably wasn't it. Maybe one of these days i'll come across it. 

Since they played it on tv i'll guess it won't be a super obscure movie. If i was to take a guess, it probably isn't the same quality as a Golden Harvest or Shaw Brothers movie (Jackie, Sammo, Venoms, Gordon Lui) but a step up from Brucesploitation. And watch i'll be completely wrong about that too. ha ha

• Like 3

starschwar

Just tossing ideas here - but when I think "below GH/Shaw, but more than nothing",  Seasonal Films comes to mind.

• Like 4