ThunderCats (TBA) - Adam Wingard to Direct

AlbertV

With the success of Godzilla vs. Kong, redemption was inevitable for director Adam Wingard (who I lost faith of after the godawful Death Note remake for Netflix). Warner Bros. Pictures has hired Wingard to direct a feature film version of the 1980s classic ThunderCats. Before anyone freaks out, Wingard has made it clear that he will not be making it a live-action film because he doesn't want what happened to Cats. Instead, he's thinking of a mo-cap CGI style film, something like the 3D rendered intro Mike Booth created a few years back. Wingard actually wrote a 272-page ThunderCats script while in high school!!! He also said he is keeping the faithful 80's designs of the characters. 

https://deadline.com/2021/03/godzilla-vs-kong-director-adam-wingard-thundercats-movie-warner-bros-1234724041/

This is the Mike Booth-stylized intro. If Wingard does something like this, then I am totally on board. 

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

Yeah, cannot say that I have much faith in this. But I'll see what the trailer looks like when its released. 

• Like 1