Favorite Daniel Lee film?

Iron_Leopard

Iron_Leopard

I've only seen "14 Blades" which I like a lot actually. 

I hope to see more of his movies eventually. 

• Like 1

Qing Long

He doesn't seem very popular among the western niche of China/HK film fans, but he's one of my favorites. I recommend 'Three Kingdoms: Resurrection of the Dragon' with Andy Lau, Sammo Hung & Maggie Q, White Vengeance with Leon lai Anthony Wong & Liu Yifei, and Dragon Squad with, well, everyone in the HK industry.

• Like 2

My favorite of his is probably Black Mask, but I have a soft spot for 14 Blades.

• Like 2

Iron_Leopard
13 hours ago, Qing Long said:

He doesn't seem very popular among the western niche of China/HK film fans, but he's one of my favorites. I recommend 'Three Kingdoms: Resurrection of the Dragon' with Andy Lau, Sammo Hung & Maggie Q, White Vengeance with Leon lai Anthony Wong & Liu Yifei, and Dragon Squad with, well, everyone in the HK industry.

White Vengeance is coming on the Hi Yah streaming channel tomorrow night. I'm going to watch it. I've been on a Liu Yifei kick lately so I've been meaning to catch this one.

• Like 1

Iron_Leopard
54 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

My favorite of his is probably Black Mask, but I have a soft spot for 14 Blades.

I don't know what it is about 14 Blades but it just works for me. I love it.

• Like 1

Not a fan of Daniel Lee but I thought Black Mask is very entertaining. 14 Blades has good action but the costume design and some cast choices put me off somewhat.

• Like 1

ShawAngela

Reading the list you put in the first post, and I realize that I have 14 blades, Dragon squad and Three kingdoms resurection of the dragon, but I only watched Dragon Squad so far, years ago. I remember to have enjoyed it, but I'm totally unable to tell anyone how Daniel Lee looks like nor if he plays well, nor what was the movie about, except that there was a lot of action and that Sammo was the lead of a young policemen team, if I'm not mistaken...

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer
On 5/2/2021 at 4:56 AM, ShawAngela said:

I'm totally unable to tell anyone how Daniel Lee looks like nor if he plays well

Daniel Lee is a director, not an actor.

His best movies would be his collaborations with Jet Li and Donnie Yen, so 'Black Mask' and '14 Blades'.

For his worst - everything else. I find 'Dragon Squad' to be borderline unwatchable.

On 5/2/2021 at 2:54 AM, Iron_Leopard said:

I've been on a Liu Yifei kick lately so I've been meaning to catch this one.

Not a sentence I ever expected to read, have to be honest. :tongueout

• Like 2

Iron_Leopard
1 hour ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Daniel Lee is a director, not an actor.

His best movies would be his collaborations with Jet Li and Donnie Yen, so 'Black Mask' and '14 Blades'.

For his worst - everything else. I find 'Dragon Squad' to be borderline unwatchable.

Not a sentence I ever expected to read, have to be honest. :tongueout

Lol I know I know. The general consensus is she barely qualifies as an actress. Guess I'm just a visual kind of guy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Super Ninja

Black Mask, What Price Survival and White Vengeance for me. I never liked 14 Blades and I don't consider it to be a good movie, seen it twice and nothing.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Iron_Leopard said:

Lol I know I know. The general consensus is she barely qualifies as an actress. Guess I'm just a visual kind of guy.

So when she randomly says "Come Drink With Me" in Forbidden Kingdom, you were wishing that it was an invitation to you?

• Like 2

Iron_Leopard
1 hour ago, DrNgor said:

So when she randomly says "Come Drink With Me" in Forbidden Kingdom, you were wishing that it was an invitation to you?

Did she say that in the movie?? I don't even recall that.

But yes. Huge crush on Liu Yifei :)

• Like 1