The Marksman (2021) - Liam Neeson

laagi

So Neeson is back in action. Doing what he does best, taking out the garbage one at a time. However although the trailer might suggest otherwise, this is not your typical action flick. It's more of a road movie with occasional violence which tries to tackle some serious issues in the form of illegal immigration on the US/Mexican border. Needles to say the latter is barely scratched on the surface. But hey what did you expect, right. Let's talk action. It's there but has this very typical PG-13 feel to it. Which is one of my biggest complaints, just doesn't fit the scenario and overall tone of the movie. It takes away the impact! Luckily we do get some blood towards the end. What this movie profits from is the undying charisma of its lead and the on screen chemistry between him and the boy. Also it's backed by a great cinematography. Clearly the people behind the camera knew what they were doing. Unfortunately that only counts for outside shots. Everything else looks kind of cheap and has a bit of a DTV look. Overall this is an alright movie, very watchable. I really think they should have gone for an R rating though and I may have been more forgiving.

Edited by laagi
  • Like 3

Looks like it might be alright. I agree with you that it would be much more interesting with an R-Rating than PG-13, but it is what it is. 

• Like 2