Fantasy Island (2021- ) - Roselyn Sanchez, Kiara Barnes, John Gabriel Rodriguez

AlbertV

FOX has placed to order a modern day reboot/sequel to the classic series Fantasy Island, which had a recent horror-style film adaptation from Blumhouse. The new series will star Rush Hour 2's Roselyn Sanchez as Elena Roarke, a descendant to Ricardo Montalban's original character as she has set aside her own ambitions and the love of her life to uphold her family’s legacy. Sophisticated, insightful and charming, her calm exterior masks the challenges of the responsibilities she has assumed as the steward of this mysterious island.

There's sadly no Tattoo, but we have Kiara Barnes as Ruby Okoro, a young woman with an old soul who arrives on Fantasy Island with a terminal illness and is given a new lease on life, and John Gabriel Rodriquez as the island’s head of transportation, pilot and jack of all trades.

Each episode will tell emotional, provocative stories about people who arrive with dreams and desires and depart enlightened and transformed through the magical realism of Fantasy Island.

The series is currently shooting in Puerto Rico with the pilot episode set for an August 10th. 

• Like 4

I use to watch and enjoyed the original Fantasy Island TV Show. I believe it use to air right after The Love Boat. I watched and enjoyed that show too. :)

• Like 3