A Writer's Odyssey (2021) - Chinese Fantasy Adventure

laagi

Can't believe this movie didn't have a thread of its own yet. I thoroughly enjoyed this from start to finish. From a mere technical perspective especially when it comes to the CGI this got to be one of the best movies out of China I've watched. Been saying this for a few years now but China sure doesn't have to hide from Hollywood anymore. The leaps the industry has made in recent times are impressive to say the least. But to just merely reduce the movie to this would not being doing it justice. The blend of real world and fantasy world is excellently executed. Also the lead actor does an outstanding job! He made me care about his story. With one heartfelt scene really sticking out. One could argue that the overall story is a bit weak but it never detracts from the overall entertainment. Also a word about the cinematography which does switch back and fort from wide to fullscreen. I can only imagine how awesome some of the scenes (even outside the fantasy world) would look like on the big screen. If you want an entertaining adventure with a heartfelt story underneath and some astonishing CGI you should seek this one out as soon as possible. Highly recommended.

Edited by laagi
  • Like 5