Your fave end fight(s) and why?

WangYu

Mine is without doubt “ master of the flying guillotine”.

The build up to the confrontation is great. Wang Yu’s character had to fight and beat increasingly difficult opponents which he states after he beat the man with extending arms. This line helps building up the actual end fight. The fight itself is a thing of great inventivity, it is brutal (furniture breaking), long (not too long) and epic. It takes place in a perfect atmospheric location (the coffin shop), we are treated with great camera angles and it has a perfect sense of suspense. By the time the fight starts we are all scared of the villain thanks to the great music everytime he shows himself and his very otherworldy look. Since Wang Yu has to come up with a plan to beat him it also shows us he too is wary of his opponents strength. The master of the flying guillotine is the only martial arts film I have seen where the end fight feels like our hero has too fight a monster instead of a man.

All in all it is a thing of beauty and creativity as Wang Yu knows he has his limits but still he comes up with an all time classic fight scene thanks to a great location and camera work. He can’t rely on great skills so he is often more inventive in staging his fight scenes. It tops of an already perfect film. 

• Like 4

Police Story,frantic pace and painful stunts,Martial Arts of Shaolin,Jet Li on top form and look no wires.I could go on and on there are so many,Warriors Two,great traditional choreography and better than the Ip Man films(I like those to)Recently rewatched Rebellious Reign now that ending is insane,Drive,Dacascos is fantastic and never looked so good(he’s great in John Wick though)Martial Club,found the film very boring but the fight in the alley is top draw.Drunken Master 2,Jackie showing everyone how to do a Kung fu movie when almost everyone else was on a wire flying around.

• Like 4

Iron_Leopard

Would it be cheating if I picked all end fights "Five Shaolin Masters"? 

The build up and pay off is so great. Training for years to specifically beat a certain fighter and their style. 

Just a very satisfying end showdown overall.

• Like 4