Kung Fu Bob gets to work for RZA- HEROES OF THE EAST!

KUNG FU BOB

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

So... I get a call. "RZA would like you to do some Shaw Brothers artwork." :itwasntme

Yes, RZA of the legendary Wu-Tang Clan.

Cut to my jaw hitting the floor. LOL

As if that isn't crazy enough, it just so happens to be for my favorite Shaw Brothers film, HEROES OF THE EAST (the first kung fu film I showed my wife)!

So here's why: RZA has his newish thing called 36 Cinema that shows classic kung fu (and samurai) films and he and other guests do live audio commentaries for them. (We already have a thread dedicated to it, and I'll merge this with that tomorrow) Today, in a few hours- Saturday the 24th of April, 2021 (due to computer problems I haven't been able to get on the forum for a week!) RZA and
Dan Halsted (HK cinema expert, renowned 35mm film collector, programmer for Portland's Hollywood Theater, and super cool and nice guy) will be doing an audio commentary during a live screening of HEROES OF THE EAST. To promote it they had me create new poster artwork for the film, and they're selling the artwork on their site as posters (and looks like T-shirts too, soon). Also, they are offering a Limited Edition version of the poster signed by the RZA himself. Only 36 available, get yours before it's gone!

A few days ago there was an article about RZA's upcoming new music, and they mentioned the 36 Cinema thing and showed a picture of my art... in Rolling Stone! Rolling freaking Stone! Yeah, I started reading that magazine when I was about 13, so this is a huge thrill for me.

Anyway, as you all love kung fu (in the very short time still left) please spread the word and help promote the event and the 36 Cinema site by sharing this post and info here and on your other social media platforms, or calling a friend to give them the heads up. Thanks very much in advance. And hope you'll join the fun and give the commentary a listen. RZA and Dan both really love the genre and know their stuff.

Heroes of the East - Saturday, April 24th at 6pm PT / 9pm ET ... Tickets available here https://36cinema.com/

SHARE SHARE SHARE! 😃

Peace,

Bob

HEROES OF THE EAST- (LOW REZ SAMPLE).jpg

• Like 16

2 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

So... I get a call. "RZA would like you to do some Shaw Brothers artwork." :itwasntme

Yes, RZA of the legendary Wu-Tang Clan.

Cut to my jaw hitting the floor. LOL

As if that isn't crazy enough, it just so happens to be for my favorite Shaw Brothers film, HEROES OF THE EAST (the first kung fu film I showed my wife)!

So here's why: RZA has his newish thing called 36 Cinema that shows classic kung fu (and samurai) films and he and other guests do live audio commentaries for them. (We already have a thread dedicated to it, and I'll merge this with that tomorrow) Today, in a few hours- Saturday the 24th of April, 2021 (due to computer problems I haven't been able to get on the forum for a week!) RZA and
Dan Halsted (HK cinema expert, renowned 35mm film collector, programmer for Portland's Hollywood Theater, and super cool and nice guy) will be doing an audio commentary during a live screening of HEROES OF THE EAST. To promote it they had me create new poster artwork for the film, and they're selling the artwork on their site as posters (and looks like T-shirts too, soon). Also, they are offering a Limited Edition version of the poster signed by the RZA himself. Only 36 available, get yours before it's gone!

A few days ago there was an article about RZA's upcoming new music, and they mentioned the 36 Cinema thing and showed a picture of my art... in Rolling Stone! Rolling freaking Stone! Yeah, I started reading that magazine when I was about 13, so this is a huge thrill for me.

Anyway, as you all love kung fu (in the very short time still left) please spread the word and help promote the event and the 36 Cinema site by sharing this post and info here and on your other social media platforms, or calling a friend to give them the heads up. Thanks very much in advance. And hope you'll join the fun and give the commentary a listen. RZA and Dan both really love the genre and know their stuff.

Heroes of the East - Saturday, April 24th at 6pm PT / 9pm ET ... Tickets available here https://36cinema.com/

SHARE SHARE SHARE! 😃

Peace,

Bob

HEROES OF THE EAST- (LOW REZ SAMPLE).jpg

When I saw this poster today, I thought that it looked liked yours at once !

Very nice, congratulations.

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Congratulations Bob!!! I'm so happy for you getting this opportunity! And the poster looks stunning! I was able to order one while the RZA was still signing them!

:BL-Yes:

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
11 hours ago, saltysam said:

If 88 get this one you have a ready made cover all done :smile

6 hours ago, danthemandmv said:

Congrats , Bob- another KILLER  piece of artwork ! And I agree with @saltysam in this being the cover for a BluRay release ...

Fingers crossed this gets a Blu-ray release; I want THAT!

It's nice to hear that you guys think this would make a good cover. But even if it doesn't get this art on it, I've still got at least two more completely different "cover art ideas" for this flick. :wink

Thanks to the rest of you for the likes/compliments/congrats too. :bigsmile:

• Like 4