What kind of films do you think Bruce would have made if he had lived longer?

WangYu

Do you think he might have joined Shaw Brothers for a period? Would he be able to do the intricate dance/acrobatic style of kung fu of the late 70s , early 80s?

Would he have accepted a part as the main villain, for example in a Chuck Norris film where he gets beaten at the end to return the favor. Perhaps he would have stayed in Hollywood to make pictures there?

Maybe there are some sources who knew more of his plans out there, just curious...

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, WangYu said:

Do you think he might have joined Shaw Brothers for a period? 

Well, I read somewhere that Shaw Brothers did offer him a contract, but he thought the money wasn't enough. But as famous as he was getting, I feel that they would probably have eventually given him what he wanted. 

Would he be able to do the intricate dance/acrobatic style of kung fu of the late 70s , early 80s?

I don't think that he would have strayed too far from his style of fighting. He might have honed and added to it, but I don't see him ever going the acrobatic "Jackie Chan-Style" of fighting. Besides, I believe that he had to have stunt doubles for some of his movies, so that is another reason that I don't think he would have went that root. 

Would he have accepted a part as the main villain, for example in a Chuck Norris film where he gets beaten at the end to return the favor.

Not sure about this, but I think he could defiantly pull it off. He could be a scary fellow sometimes. I personally would have loved to have seen him as the main antagonist of one of the "Expendables(2010-2014)" movies. Him fighting Jet Li in a duel would have blown my mind. 

46 minutes ago, WangYu said:

Perhaps he would have stayed in Hollywood to make pictures there?

I think he would defiantly have made the transition to Hollywood. Since most major Martial Arts actors do, I don't see why he wouldn't. His last finished movie, "Enter the Dragon(1973)" was an American/Hong Kong production, so it seems he was already moving in that direction. But, having said that, he would probably have went the Jackie-Chan root, and made movies in both countries. 

• Like 2

OpiumKungFuCracker

Shaw Brothers epics without a doubt, but after the success of Enter The Dragon, I can see him doing a shit ton of hollywood films. I think he would probably do Hollywood over Shaw cause of the money. 

• Like 3

DragonClaws
On 4/21/2021 at 4:54 PM, WangYu said:

Do you think he might have joined Shaw Brothers for a period? Would he be able to do the intricate dance/acrobatic style of kung fu of the late 70s , early 80s?

Fellow member @sym8 started a similar thread here.

• Like 3

Cognoscente

I can't imagine him doing much in the way of animal styles except for dragon fist and maybe using the tiger claw style to grab an opponent's jaw. The flashiest thing that he would have done in a period movie would be to use weapons.

He was going to do a Shaw movie from September to November of 1973. Coincidentally, this was the same year when Ng See-Yuen formed Seasonal. Ng was supposed to have been the first person to discover Bruce, so perhaps Seasonal would have done English language productions much earlier on.

• Like 2