Random thought about Gordon Liu

Duel to the Death

Duel to the Death

I was sitting and a random thought came to mind. I think after the success of Kill Bill they should of done a stand alone Pai Mei movie starring Gordon Liu. A missed opportunity. If done right it could of been amazing. It's too late now, but at the time it could of worked. 

What do you think? Good idea or bad? 

• Like 2

Do you mean with Gordon Liu playing Pai Mei ?

I don't know if it wold have worked, people are used to see him in good guys roles...

• Like 3

Duel to the Death
18 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Do you mean with Gordon Liu playing Pai Mei ?

I don't know if it wold have worked, people are used to see him in good guys roles...

Yes that's what i meant. Does Pai Mei have to be completely bad? He was cruel but fair in Kill Bill. 

• Like 2

Cognoscente
On 4/18/2021 at 9:03 PM, Duel to the Death said:

I was sitting and a random thought came to mind. I think after the success of Kill Bill they should of done a stand alone Pai Mei movie starring Gordon Liu. A missed opportunity. If done right it could of been amazing. It's too late now, but at the time it could of worked. 

Good idea. It would have been better than that Grindhouse spin-off about Machete.

An anti-hero Pai Mei would have been fine with me and many others.

• Like 3

On 4/18/2021 at 5:03 PM, Duel to the Death said:

The idea is good, although the probability of it having happened was probably zero. I can't imagine Tarantino doing a spin-off to his own movies--he still can't decide if he wants to do volume 3 or retire--nor can I imagine him wanting another director close to his material (unless it was Robert Rodriguez).

• Like 3