Police Story release with the old English dub?

Guest Frank Lakatos

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chen lung

It's highly unlikely it will be included.

It maybe the same as HKL's but mixed differently.

Tried to have it included but there wasn't time.

Even if it was included, it won't be mono.

Guest limubai2000

So what is the nature of the english dub included Scott?

Amazon says -

# Available Subtitles: English, Spanish

# Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 5.1), (Dolby Digital 5.1), (Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono)

Guest The Running Man

It's either going to be an English dub that Fortune Star prepared or a dub that Weinstein commissions.

It's 100% sure that it will not be the old English dub.

Guest The Running Man

Well they are dealing with Frotune Star and they do not have the original English dubs.

Personally, I don't really care about the old one and would much rather see a new English dub made. In fact, the only thing I ever liked about the old English dub was the alternate music score. The actual dub itself I thought, much like many of this period, was horrid.

Guest chen lung
Well they are dealing with Frotune Star and they do not have the original English dubs.

I still refuse to believe that as there is no firm proof. I'm sure you'll know of 'Prodigal Son' and the likes which have them. It's possible all the same this could be included.

In fact, the only thing I ever liked about the old English dub was the alternate music score.

The official export international English dub has the same score (and length) as the counterpart HK verison. About the one we know of (abridged and has the same voices/theme as IX version but different music throughout), I can't remember how it came about (spannick knows).

Guest killer meteor

The new(ish) English dub on the HKL disc ain't much but there's a great moment when Jackie's doing the telephone juggling and when asked for the vicar suggests trying "Missing Parsons"

Guest The Running Man
I still refuse to believe that as there is no firm proof. I'm sure you'll know of 'Prodigal Son' and the likes which have them. It's possible all the same this could be included.

That, the Bruce Lee films, and Game of Death 2 which was technically in English since that version was specially prepared for it to be in English compared to Tower of Death which is a bit of a different film. With Prodigal Son all it could mean was that Fortune Star never commissioned a new dub and just held on to that English dub. But it says a whole lot that even HKL, whose policy was to always use the original English dub unless that dub was missing dialog, did not use the original English dubs for movies like Duel to the Death and Wheels on Meals.

The official export international English dub has the same score (and length) as the counterpart HK verison. About the one we know of (abridged and has the same voices/theme as IX version but different music throughout),

Don't know why you mentioned all of that since I already know about it.

Guest chen lung
With Prodigal Son all it could mean was that Fortune Star never commissioned a new dub and just held on to that English dub.

You could be right. Although according to HK Flix, the international version cut the opera scene out. But on my BBC2 'Kung Fu Night' version, it's there. Donno who to trust.

Another thing, Fortune Star may not be responsible for these dubs as they could have existed when Media Asia were there (and before). For instance, Media Asia supplied a 'Countdown in Kung Fu aka Hand of Death' title card to HKV when everyone thought it was FS who did the 'altering' when it came to the Fox release.

Don't know why you mentioned all of that since I already know about it.

I mentioned it because there were two soundtrack, just incase you weren't aware of the version which was the same as the counterpart HK version but with English dialogue (when you mentioned an 'Old English Dub').

Guest The Running Man
Another thing, Fortune Star may not be responsible for these dubs as they could have existed when Media Asia were there (and before).

They are responsible for those dubs. When Media Asia had that catalogue of films they commissioned dubs for them and when that same catalog went to Fortune Star they commissioned new dubs as well.

Archived