Kung Fu bashers

WangYu

Hello guys, I'm new. My favorite martial arts movies are the old school bashers and early wuxia films (60s/early 70s). 

I was wondering if there exists a list with all known and released bashers out there? I saw a thread here earlier about kung fu bashers but it only included shaw brothers films. What about Golden Harvest ones and other companies?

• Like 2

On 4/16/2021 at 9:45 PM, saltysam said:

Bashers are my favourite as well but i haven't seen a list as such.

Which ones are your favorites ? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WangYu said:

Which ones are your favorites ? 

Kung Fu The Invisible Fist, Bloody Fists, Gold Snatchers, Vengeance, The Thunderkick, Mandarin Magician,Tough Guy,One Armed Boxer, Black Panther...too many to mention...my favourite is Fists Of The Double K.

• Like 3

There's a whole bunch I never even heard of so good times ahead! I take it most are Shaw Brothers films? I've seen tons of Golden Harvest films but not yet a lot of SB...

In fact I've only seen and loved vengeance, one armed boxer and bloody fists from your list! 

I really could do with a list to get some kind of idea what to look for!

• Like 2

DragonClaws
On 4/17/2021 at 1:05 PM, WangYu said:

I take it most are Shaw Brothers films? I've seen tons of Golden Harvest films but not yet a lot of SB...

Some of them are Shaw Brothers titles, but theres also a good few indiependent productions too such as Black Panther.

I'd also add the follow non-Shaw Brothers/Golden Havrest features - Kung Fu The Headcrusher, Rage of The Wind, The Brutal Boxer, Four Real Friends, The Roaring Lion, The Big Risk, Superior Youngster, Tigers Claw, Little Superman, & Freedom Strikes A Blow  off the top of my head.

• Like 2

On 4/17/2021 at 10:05 PM, WangYu said:

There's a whole bunch I never even heard of so good times ahead! I take it most are Shaw Brothers films? I've seen tons of Golden Harvest films but not yet a lot of SB...

In fact I've only seen and loved vengeance, one armed boxer and bloody fists from your list! 

I really could do with a list to get some kind of idea what to look for!

You should take a look at my reviews section, there's a list of very good bashers I reviewed years ago, among other kind of movies.

I'm on my phone for now and can't send you the link.

Some titles that may be I didn't reviewed, but come to my mind :

Ma Su Chen

Furious slaughter

Double double cross

The Mandarin

Tiger (check @NoKUNGFUforYU's YouTube Channel)

Kung Fu Mama

The big fight

More generally, all Wang Yu' s movies that aren't wuxias, same for all Chang Yi' s movies, Chia Ling's movies, Angela Mao' s movies, Shan Kuan Ling Fung's movies, Chang Ching Ching's movies and so on

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Thanks Shawangela I will be reading the reviews, in fact I already read some yesterday.

I've always been interested in "furious slaughter" I expect a lot of that film given I love Wang Yu's basher films (the ones i've seen so far that is). Do you also have any info on "Knight errants" which is another Wang You basher that supposedly has a cult following. These 2 are among my most anticipated MA films.

• Like 3