Unknown Kung Fu movie with fight scene between a blue and red army

brodahisou

Question

I'm hoping someone can help. Does anyone know the name of an old kung fu movie (70's-80's) that I think starred Yuen Biao? The scene I remember is two armies warring in some woods. One side is wearing blue and the other side is wearing red. Two friends are caught up in it and pretend to fight each other to get out of the battle. 

• Like 8

8 answers to this question

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

The film is ZU WARRIORS OF THE MAGIC MOUNTAIN (1983).

It was just recently released as a remastered Region 2 Blu-ray from Eureka if you want to see it in style.

Welcome to the forum.

• Like 10
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Definitely Zu Warriors (as Kung Fu Bob said). It's possible you might have seen the export 'Time Warrior' cut, if that one contained the opening scene.

Welcome to Kung Fu Fandom!

• Like 7

sifu iron perm

Bloods and Crips in a kung fu flick?

I want to peep! :laugh Kidding..sounds like Zu warriors as already mentioned above.

• Like 7

Thanks so much guys. It is definitely  Zu: Warriors From The Magic Mountain. I'll be watching it tomorrow. I really appreciate the help. What a great welcome. Thanks again. 

• Like 8

I watched Zu: Warriors From The Magic Mountain and it's funny I remember the fight at the beginning but nothing else from the movie. I don't know if I only watched the beginning and or saw it in a documentary about Kung Fu films as a kid. But Zu is a Great film. I really enjoyed it. I can definitely see where John Carpenter got his inspiration for Big Trouble in Little China.

Thanks again for helping me out. 

• Like 5