On Mark Dacascos...

Guest moviegyrl

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Liu chung liang

i think mark's MA skillz are very average. anyway, he's on iron chef america on that video? lol. all i see is a mix of dark clips from his movies with music from 'the last samurai'.

Guest Chinatown Kid

I thought he was great in Only The Strong too!

I also remember seeing him in a film on HBO years ago with James Ryan(Kill and Kill Again) who played the villain that was pretty good. I think it was set in Africa.

is a bonafide superb martial artist, performer, actor, etc, the complete package! He is simply incredible and one of the few "American" actors who has been given a lot of credit and respect by HK actors/directors such as Sammo Hung and Kuo Choi.

Iron Chef is a very popular cooking show and it's a great steady income for him, something to be proud of. He's been on the show for some time now, it's still doing well. I give him much respect.

Guest Liu chung liang

i'm a fan of the show Iron Chef actually, and i even know about the american attempt Iron Chef America. man they suck... even the people doing the commentary. they don't know the ingredients lol, they don't know what kind of seasoning this is, and what kind of vegetable that is etc. but for the japanese show... wow... they know everything. on the taste test... makes me hungry all the time.

for Mark, Mark, Mark. maybe i've seen his bad movies only i dunno. i'm just not blown away by him. had you seen kickboxer 5? double dragon? they are terrible. plus many more, low budget, bad movies, forgot the titles. i was only impressed with him in the crow tv series. most of the time, ...yeah. also his fight with jet in cradle 2 the grave. i'm glad that he was up to jet's level. it surprise me, because i never thought he would perform or fight that well.

Guest Chen Zhen

well, i would correlate mark's crappiness to the horrible fight choreography that he worked under. but if u havent seen Drive.....go buy it, i guarantee that ur opinion of mark will change after that. if u liked mark in cradle to the grave, u'll like him 40x more.

I think Drive is a great movie but does anyone else notice that Mark Dacascos in some of the fight scenes is replaced by a double.

I agree that he's only made very few "good" movies. His better performances have been in..

Drive

Crying Freeman

Only the Strong

Brotherhood of the Wolf

I didn't see the Martial Law episode where he fights Sammo, but would like to one day.

Wish he made more better quality movies...

Guest theportlykicker
I think Drive is a great movie but does anyone else notice that Mark Dacascos in some of the fight scenes is replaced by a double.

Yeah, but that's only because they were in such a rush to finish the film. If you've seen the extras on the HKL disc, they explain this. I'm sure he could have done everything he was doubled for.

Oh, and about the Martial Law episode, he was pretty good in that. He gets to use Wing Chun against Sammo. :D

Guest Chinatown Kid

I just remembered that flick I saw Mark in with James Ryan was called The Redemption. It might also have an aka though. It's worth checking out if your a fan of Mark or Ryan.

Guest Daisho2004

You know I wasn't sure that it was him on Iron Chef America at 1st. or it was just someone who looked a lot like him. But it is a shame if he has given up on making movies for a while.

Guest The Running Man
Yeah, but that's only because they were in such a rush to finish the film. If you've seen the extras on the HKL disc, they explain this. I'm sure he could have done everything he was doubled for.

Yeah, I believe they also had some reshoots that he wasn't available for.

Oh, and about the Martial Law episode, he was pretty good in that. He gets to use Wing Chun against Sammo.

I thought that was one of the best episodes of the show.

Wish they'd put out the damn thing out already on DVD. >:

Archived